Warboss conversion woes ... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

Warboss conversion woes ...

Has anyone here converted their warboss from the current GW models?

The two metal ones are impressive, but lack a power klaw. The one from AoBR has some nice cybork parts, but the power klaw seems weedy to me.

Then there is the model for Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka.

So, can anyone give me any pointers? I'd like my warboss with a power klaw and slugga. I never thought about him in mega armor, but maybe I should?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got a warboss in mega armour... i didn't do much conversion, I just got the Nob in Mega armour and used some greenstuff to make him look more intimidating and got him a bosspole.

Maybe use greenstuff to make a PK for the metal models or make the AOBR model look more intimidating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used a squig hound from the Gretchen set as an attack squig. Cut off the hand, glued a shoulder pad over the remnants of the hand, and used a Mek head's antenna-gubbin to make it look like a sort of shokk collar... or mind control device.

I'm actually looking for a Right-handed Nob slugga since I run my AOBR warboss with a slugga as far as the rules are concerned. Too bad I made all my nobs before I knew I wanted one...

It was perfect, I wanted to get the shoota off, and some guy knocked the boss off the "Dead Ork" area of the table, and it popped right off. He apologized but I assured him it was perfect.
    I am verbose. Sorry.
    Current Armies:
    Kargh's Wite Butz, Death Skullz Orks: W: 5, L:, 2 D:2; Silver-skull Necrons: 1W 1L,500 pt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a big powerklaw they aren't that hard to scratch-build.
    -You cut the hand off leaving a stump and then attach a big chunk of green stuff to it.
    -Have platicard or thin balsa wood cut to make four sides of a "box" around the blob of green stuff.
    -Once you stick this box on you'll probably have green stuff sort of bulging out of the open end of it and it might expand around the stump wrist as well.
    -Cut the bulging end cleanly with a wet knife.
    -Stick 3-6 large curves knife bits into the open end. I used the sword-choppas from form fantasy orks but lots of stuff works fine. You can arrange the knives facing each other of all one way of whateven.
    -Add "wires", extra bitz, a wristguard, and whatever else your heart desires to make it look better.

I used this technique to convert a biker boss a while back and the result is a slightly bigger then average bad-ass klaw. I can't provide pictures because I them traded the model away from an old Land Raider. No joke.

Hint: If you use only 3 knives per klaw you can really stretch your supply and it looks pretty close to the mega-armour klaws

good luck!

+ Reply to Thread