HQ choice for horde - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ choice for horde

I'm thinking of starting tyrnanids the list I was thinking of would be tervigaunts/gargoyle, tervigons, venomthropes (for cover), zoanthropes/hive guard for anti tank. I would like to use the tervigons as core but I'm not sure which Hq choice would compliment this army

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

you can just use one of the tervigons AS an HQ choice if you would like. It might be expensive, but a winged HQ unit (prime or HT) might help give your gargoyles some bite/synopsis. Prime would probably be better b/c it would be a ton cheaper, could actually join the unit for a many wound synapsis unit (in effect) and would look cooler, imo, when surrounded by these little beasties. Just my two cents. Use it to buy something else if you so desire. =)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

If you're using gargoyles, I think a winged tyrant with old adversary is a great addition to such a mob.

Warrior Primes also make great HQs for horde armies. They're cheap, giving you more points to spend on those gribblies, yet they still pack quite a punch. Because your shooting is so important to a horde list -- moreso than in one with more MC muscle -- I would definitely look to take one of these guys and attach him to a unit of zoanthropes or hive guard for babysitting and bodyguard protection. He can absorb a few wounds -- especially instant death wounds from missiles and lascannons -- and threaten anything that might want to get into an assault with your squishy shooters.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the suggestions. I think i'm going to go with a Prime or two. ( The hive tyrant is awesome but I think he's too pricey for my list)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    If you're using gargoyles, I think a winged tyrant with old adversary is a great addition to such a mob.

Warrior Primes also make great HQs for horde armies. They're cheap, giving you more points to spend on those gribblies, yet they still pack quite a punch. Because your shooting is so important to a horde list -- moreso than in one with more MC muscle -- I would definitely look to take one of these guys and attach him to a unit of zoanthropes or hive guard for babysitting and bodyguard protection. He can absorb a few wounds -- especially instant death wounds from missiles and lascannons -- and threaten anything that might want to get into an assault with your squishy shooters.
    Primes can't have wings and can only be attached to a unit of Warriors.

As for the origianl poster. Take the Parasite of Mortex, the ability to add more rippers to your horde is something I think you'll like.
    Yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow and death I shall fear no evil: for i am the meanist son-of-a-b1tch in the valley.

We Realise That Conflict Is Pointless, In Other Words, We Spy Then Steal All The Jelly!

[/RIGHT] Last Words of Eldrad

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by schmallz View Post
    Primes can't have wings
    Yes, I know. You'll note my recommendations for the Prime had nothing to do with flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by schmallz
    and can only be attached to a unit of Warriors.
    Incorrect. As an Independent Character the Prime may be attached to almost any Infantry unit. Hive Guard and Zoanthropes are both Infantry units and therefor may be joined by 1 or 2 Primes if you so desire. I outlined why I think this is an excellent thing to do.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread