Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey all, I'm new to 40k and play Eldar. Played my first game against a Monolith the other day, and I have a couple questions.
1. Living Armor. Can my Swooping Hawks' Haywire Grenades penetrate as normal (1=miss, 2-5=glancing hit, 6=penetrating hit)?
2. Living Armor. I know Melta guns only get 1d6 armor pen, regardless of range. What about melta bombs? Do they get 2d6?
3. Not sure of the names but a guy used the thing on his monolith that lets him re-roll WBB rolls on 1 model. He failed the re-roll, thus losing the one model, but then proceeded to teleport the rest of said models unit right next to the monolith. Is this legal? And if so, do you even need anything to re-roll, or can you just teleport any unit you want?
You should really be browsing the previous threads in reference to the monolith for the answers but I'll be happy to give you the short answers:
1. Haywire 'nades used fixed die rolls against vehicles as opposed to armour penetration, so the monolith's living metal has no effect on them.
2. Melta bombs.... bit of a gray area. While many insist that because it has melta in its name, it only gets 1D6 for armor pen. However, melta bombs get a natural +2D6, not a bonus because it is within half range or anything like that, so it depends whether a melta bomb can be argued as having a bonus D6 to provide the 2D6. Personally, I just use a house rule that only allows just +1D6 and most opponents I play are reasonable and agree with me on this.
3. The portal? Yes, it can be used in this way. Mind you, its for one entire unit as opposed to one model. I think you may be mistaken here because he would get the initial WBB roll and if he fails any WBB roll, he may be allowed to re-roll them if he teleports that unit through the portal. But the way I see it, he failed the re-roll on that one model so the portal wasn't useful this time round but regardless of the results, if he used it, the rest of the unit must be teleported to the portal.
Necrons W68-D13-L10 (3rd edition codex)
Necrons W3-D1-L1 (latest codex)
Skaven still being assembled
To complete the previous answer, you can only teleport a unit with the Necron rule (warrior, flayed ones, immortals, destroyers) that has a model within 18" of the monolith. You cannot use the pie plate and the teleport in the same round, but you can teleport and shoot the flux Arc (1D6 hits per unit within 12")