Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Well the new XV9 suits are on Forge world "new stuff" Link here Forge World - Tau Battlesuits and Drones
The Commander model Shas'O R'Alai is an awesome model and a few things to note with the model are:
(1) The weapons are integrated into the arms of the battlesuit which looks much better in my opinion (I have done this with one of my Shas'Els)
(2) The head is integrated into the suit which makes it look a bit squat and the overall head and chest design seems more XV25 like than the other new XV variants
(3) The jump engine design is much neater and much more stylish, I think the designers have taken notice of the many fan conversions which cut and bring the two halves of the pack together to form a more slender jet pack
(4) His weapon looks like a Railgun and is a very neat looking design. I am considering buying a few of these models to represent my Els and using the Railguns for an XV88 conversion. I think two of those on an XV88's arms would look awesome
(5) The entry says "and Drones" but there are no pictures of said Drones, nice one GW would have been nice to see what you are expecting us to pay for hmmm
(6) I am wondering if the Shield is also a stealth field generator, it looks very bulky compared to the normal shield gen.
The Fusion cascade XV9 is my favourite out of the four XV9 variants. It just looks more solid and business like. The head is much better than the commander variant. If I bought this I would add two more barrels to each of the weapons to make it look a bit more "Mini gun", the two barrels make it look unfinished.
The Ion! well I love the helmet design but gaah those guns. While I admit they do look slightly better than I thought they would than in the small pictures previously released, they still look like a Tau nicked some Imperial Guard weapons, it looks more like a heath Robinson Railgun.
One thing I don't like about the models is the spindly forward leg profile. If I get some of these I will definitely bulk them out a bit. So I don't think i will ever be buying a standard XV8 again. I will be buying a few of these and some weapons from Bits and Kits. So what do you all think then, do the new suits hit the mark?
Last edited by Rikimaru; April 16th, 2010 at 22:59.
Last edited by Skarsgard; April 17th, 2010 at 03:49. Reason: Fixed up the quote fail!
There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.
Intending to purchase Fusion Cascade, and since my birthday is looming, methinks my good lady will be forking out for the Commander....
"Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"
Crikey they are great looking models. Love them!
Mirage Arcana Podcast
The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.
I do like the models and agree that the phased ion guns do look too IG like when you compare them to the Cyclic Ion blaster they are based on.
But saying that i wish our (all missile pods look like the ones Sentinals have.
I think i am gonna wait and see what people think of them once they have been tested as thats a lot to put out for a unit of three.
I do think tho that with no ability to take Target array and so having a basic BS, these will require the focus of our markerlights.
A unit for 330 points being able to put out 1 to 3 melta shots on 3 different vehicals in one turn, well that is good. But do we need that anti veh, prob not, but it would be good against strong troops, and the increased Toughness will stop instant death from missiles and lacscannons.
I really like the look of them and can't wait for the rules to that new commander ( the dones are shown on a picture from the open day) but i am disappointed we can not buy the TA for them, which i think could be there weakness in later turns of a game if the pathfinders are dead.
Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1
Oh my but those BEAUTIFUL! Like you, riki, I don't play much Apoc, so I won't have much use for them "as-is" in my 40K games. And I'm also busy with other army projects with no plans to expand or alter my Tau until a new codex hits the shelves. But I seriously hope these latest variants make the grade and get entered into the codex.
O to dream....
ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014