Tau Blood - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tau Blood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know the color of tau blood? Im thinking black or red. I read the codex and it doesnt say what the color is. Im asking because i have a dead tau pathfinder on my dreadnought base. I just need a color so i can start this thing

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know how humans are red and blue. (red is blood with oxygen, blue is without it) well tau is red and green. red with oxygen and green without.
    oh and just for fun :hump: :hmm: :rofl:
    If you charge a bunker and die, its called being reckless, but if you charge the bunker and win, it's heroic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, acording to the codex (the story about the Ta'lissera ritual), tau blood is red (I believe the word used in the story is "crimson"), however, the book (and presumably the game) Fire Warrior stated repeatedly that tau blood is cyan, a lightish blue (kinda like the background here...).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i always thought that tau blood was like a light blue while tyranid blood is a dark purple while Eldar/Dark eldar blood is crimson but i haven't played firewarrior yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Aun'O Dessi'Us@Sep 12 2004, 17:43
    you know how humans are red and blue. (red is blood with oxygen, blue is without it) well tau is red and green. red with oxygen and green without.
    oh and just for fun :hump: :hmm: :rofl:
    [snapback]211970[/snapback]

Blood is never blue. Blood is described as dark red (venous) or bright red (arterial). Our veins look blue because we are looking at them through our skin. The blood inside them is dark red and it doesn't reflect light very well. The blood you see when you get hurt is usually venous blood. Arterial blood comes out in spurts. It spurts every time the heart beats. I hope you never see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Durandal@Sep 13 2004, 09:28
    Blood is never blue.* Blood is described as dark red (venous) or bright red (arterial).* Our veins look blue because we are looking at them through our skin.* The blood inside them is dark red and it doesn't reflect light very well. The blood you see when you get hurt is usually venous blood. Arterial blood comes out in spurts. It spurts every time the heart beats.* I hope you never see that.
    [snapback]212167[/snapback]
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    he's smart ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
    Tau'Va
    "Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost."
    -O'Shovah

<span style='color:red'>Image Removed</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes yes i know all about that but some people do not so i "dumbed" it down some. On a seperate forum we had this very discussion and found that Tau blood is indeed red and green. Their blood is made of iron whilst ours is made of carbon. it is red when it comes in contact with oxygen but green when it has CO2 in it.
    If you charge a bunker and die, its called being reckless, but if you charge the bunker and win, it&#39;s heroic&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our blood has iron in it too, your point? Or have you not been eating your Corn Flakes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not saying that they have iron in their blood but the blood cells are mainly made up of iron were as human blood cells are mainly made up of carbon.
    don&#39;t forget, they are aleins
    If you charge a bunker and die, its called being reckless, but if you charge the bunker and win, it&#39;s heroic&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Stryker. (I work in blood collection/haematology for the largest hospital in eastern Canada. Hard not to know a thing or two about the stuff ). You&#39;re right about a lot of people not knowing, Aun&#39;O.

Anyway, back on topic, all I can find on Tau blood is a reference to a &#39;ruddy red sheen&#39; soon to be upon a ta&#39;lissera during a bonding ritual (page 61, Tau codex). If it&#39;s been discussed before and the conclusion was red and green, fair enough, works for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast