Is this legal? Ultimate Charge. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Is this legal? Ultimate Charge.

I have been wondering if this is a legal move, or if there is some rule that i haven't read that forbids it.

Essentially. Move a Raider 24 inches into dangerous terrain. On 1 it is immobilised, but as it moved flatout this becomes wrecked, which then means the units inside disembark and take a pinning test. If they pass the pinning test, are they then free to have a shooting phase and assault phase as per normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you could ever argue that the pinning test resets the units entire movement in some magical way. "As per normal", when is it ever normal to shoot and assault after moving flat out in a skimmer?
    PigBenis69: pistol buff!
    You: What's the magic word?
    PigBenis69: stfu n00b

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Well i guess the point is it doesn't say that you can't does it?

All that is happened is your unit has disembarked from a wrecked vehicle in the movement phase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

I am pretty sure all of your guys in the vehicle are dead if you try that. Page 70 "Passengers may not embark onto or disembark from a fast vehicle if it has moved (or is going to move) flat out in that movement phase."

When your vehicle wrecks your passengers must immediately disembark if the raider wrecks (pg.67) They can't do that and it seems like they are gone with the vehicle.

Sorry to burst your loophole searching bubble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do understand that the rules dictate what you CAN do, not what you CANNOT do, right? They are permissive. With your reasoning I would just place a demon prince next to your units everytime you do a move like that, since nowhere in the rules does it say that I can't add extra units as I see fit during your fast move. Do you understand my point? There is an awful lot of things the rules never say you can't do. You have to back up your move WITH the rules, not with what is NOT in the rules.
    PigBenis69: pistol buff!
    You: What's the magic word?
    PigBenis69: stfu n00b

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Fun Fact: when a 6 is rolled (vehicle destroyed - explodes) passengers do not actually disembark, they are merely placed in the space where their transport was.

Yet on a 5 (vehicle destroyed - wrecked) passengers have to disembark.

So unless there is something I am missing this is still illegal (due to the speed of the transport before it went down) but the squad inside isn't dead unless a wrecked result occurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Outsider, the passengers would still be considered "disembarked" as is mentioned in the note below your cited passage (on p67 "Effects of Damage Results on Passengers").

Just another case of GW writing rules in a nonchalant and carefree manner.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

also im pretty sure you cant turbo boost into terrain? you can do it over terrain but not land in it?
    and really with 22-27" assault atm anyway with a raider you really shouldnt need that range.
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't see anything illegal with doing this, I do see some more complications trying this risky strategy.
    First your passengers may die during the crash, making your assault force weaker. Second you're ina difficult terrain, it's a bit harder to move...
    Third you willingly sacrificed a raider, which does provide some ok firepower, I would never try this, I try to keep as many units alvie as I can.
    Besides, even if they do manage to get into cc, what will happen once the cc is finished? In most cases you lose your squad since its probably all alone in the middle of the enemy lines.

I see too many risks, too many possible complications, and I just hate sacrificing your soldiers for such a farfetched attempt to assault that may not even work like you wanted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

also just to point out, even if you can turbo into difficult terrain, it would still only work 1 in 6 times
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast