Rules Clarfication - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Rules Clarfication

I played an 1850 game against one of my firend's the other day (he was using Nids *shudders*) and a couple of things happened in which I was fairly sure on the rules call, but not 100% sure.

1- if a Destroyer ends his move in difficult terrain and fails the roll, does he still get his WBB roll the next turn?

2- if a Monolith can't shoot, can you still use the portal to teleport a Necron unit?

I believe the answer to both question is yes, but would like to be absolutely sure on this topic. Thanks!

PS. I lost incredibly bad to my Nid friend due to some very awful rolls on my part. At one point a squad of 5 Destroyers shot at a squad of Gaunts outside of cover, hit with 13 of the shots fired and then proceeded to only wound with 2! That's right, 11 of the shots fired that only needed a roll of 2+ to wound, rolled a 1! The C'tans were not blessing me on that day!

World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Rage View Post

1- if a Destroyer ends his move in difficult terrain and fails the roll, does he still get his WBB roll the next turn?

2- if a Monolith can't shoot, can you still use the portal to teleport a Necron unit?

I believe the answer to both question is yes, but would like to be absolutely sure on this topic. Thanks!
    1) Codex expressly stated WBB is denied only by close combat weapons that bypass armor save and any weapon with streght twice or more the toughness. Thus, you can WBB against all other wounds.

2) Power Matrix is not listed in Monoliths weapons. It is a special rule. Thus it can't be destroyed by weapon destroyed results and its other uses (except for shooting) are not affected by stunned or shaken results. However, if you already stated you will use particle whip and then realize you can't use it due to nothing being in range or whatever other reason, then you cannot change your mind and teleport.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Polaria is correct. Only two things negate WBB (PW's and 2xT) and the Power Matrix (Whip/Teleport) can always be used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x2)

So if a Monolith is stunned or shaken, the Particle Whip can still be used?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

So if a Monolith is stunned or shaken, the Particle Whip can still be used?
    Yes, Particle whip is part of the energy matrix and it states cannot be stunned or shaken. ONly the Guass Flux arc can be stunned/shaken.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 (x2)

I had no idea! The Monolith gets better and better every day!!

+ Reply to Thread