How to base ncrons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

6 (x1)

How to base ncrons?

Hey i was wondering if anyone new an easy an effective way to decorate necron bases? I was thinking of gluing sand to the bas then painting over it with black for a simple dead world effect. Anyone else have any other ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements

15 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

720 (x8)

My Necron army is based around the concept that somewhere during the millions of years long sleep of the Tomb the worlds climate changed hugely and the Necrons wake up into a trophical jungle. So I'll be basing everything with green grass, some necron crystrals and such.

However, if you want a dead world look may I suggest following:

- Get a pack of Green Stuff
    - Take a very small bit of GS for each plate and make it into a thin coating on the top of the base
    - Use a toothpick or similar tool to carve some cracks into the GS coating so it resembles dry-and-cracked stone/abode surface
    - Glue some sand to the cracks
    - Paint with codex grey, drybrush with light shade of grey, highlight with skull white

Finished it would look a bit like a salt-lake:
    Last edited by Polaria; April 23rd, 2010 at 10:12.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

102 (x5)

My bases went with the barren theme as well. I put PVA on the base, sprinkled gardening sand all over and deep....primerd the whole thing black and drybrushed Commando Khaki. Gives it the appearance of an ashen ground. My Necron crytals also went a more metallic color with a sepia wash on chainmail.

"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

+ Reply to Thread