Power unit #1 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power unit #1

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

29 (x2)

Power unit #1

So, I'm not sure if you guys know about this combo, but I've heard some talk about it and how good it is. I haven't tried it out, and I probably won't since it seems very boring and not very friendly towards the opponent. But here it is:

1 Tyrant with 3 tyrant guards joined by a tyranid prime, given feel no pain by a tervigon and a cover save by a venomthrope or two. I'm guessing it doesn't really matter what we put on the tyrant and prime, but some sort of CC focus sounds most reasonable. If we give the unit regeneration and lash whips the whole combo lands at around 800 points, depending on how much we upgrade it. What do you guys think about this? Will it be any good? what could take it down reasonably? With all the wound allocating and regeneration and whatnot, this unit will be nigh unkillable, or so i think. And it's really not all that expensive for what it can do.

Could this be something to worry about at tournaments?

"I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

2. Remove Advertisements

San Jose
    15 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I wouldn't worry about it. It's too slow and easily avoided. Take out the venomthrope or tervigon and it's lost part of it's effectiveness. It's only got 2 main power weapon attacks - the HT and Prime and no Inv saves. It won't last against some of the other dedicated cc-units out there. For example, do you think it can beat 2 squads of nob bikers, 20 assault terminators or 20 bloocrushers? Basically, it's not as killy as you would think and at the same time, significantly weakens the rest of the Nid army.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

The Village
    18 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

What jy2 said ... x 10. It's ridiculous.

If you're depending on a single trick to win your game, you don't have a good army. "Tricks" are useless. Solidly balanced army lists are what you want.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread