First Specific Rumors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

First Specific Rumors

I thought y'all might like to see this if you haven't yet.

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy, Wargames & Miniatures News: Bell of Lost Souls: 40K RUMORS: Dark Eldar Whispers

Let it begin... Here's what we've been hearing from the voices in the wind regarding the Dark Eldar.

-Lots of poison weapons (close combat and ranged).
    -Streamlined version of combat drugs.
    -The army is very lethal on the turn of arrival.
    -Expect lots of lance weapons.
    -There is chatter of the game's first lance-melta weapons being in the list.
    -Units will "power up" and gain abilities in some manner as they kill enemies.
    -Warriors and Wytches are troops.
    -Expect new units.
    -Harlequins are in.

~Standard caveats apply to these rumors for a while, but enjoy these early morsels. The Dark Kin are coming! Lock the doors and grab your guns. The number of months left in the year that are possible fits for a Dark Eldar release window are dwindling. Have at it.
    Consider this thread a place to discuss these rumored details, how you see them being implemented, and what their likely effect on the metagame might be.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if these are true, and for now i'll assume they are so we stay on topic, then...

1) I like the idea of more poisoned weapons. Hopefully splinter weapons are poisoned as fits in their description (hardly the threatening weapon the codex describes them as). This will actually make our non-lance/disintegrator shooting a threat. I don't know about you guys but my warriors never kill anything with their rifles no matter the number of shots they take.

2) Not so sure about the combat drugs, they seem pretty simple the way they are. Will it be streamlined as in pick one off a list of USRs, roll for USRs, or just a blanket effect for everyone. I'm scared.

3) Nice that our army is lethal when it arrives. I'm tired of being the fastest race that is slower than tyranids, space marines, tau, eldar, and imperial guard.

4) Lots of lance weapons makes me happy as I didn't want to be an eldar player with a 1500 point army with 1 or 2 lances... I like fielding 15-20 str8 ap2 at 1500 points, makes us feared in this day of armored assault.

5) Powering up units... seems kinda like collecting souls in dawn of war: soulstorm... which I don't mind either. I hope its army wide and not unit specific, infantry, even wyches and an archon don't kill enough things in a 5 turn game to make it unit specific, once they have killed 1 squad and run to the second one and start killing it, games getting close to over it always seems like, so I don't see some beastly powerful unit coming out of this.

6) Wyches being able to capture objectives with warriors? Objective based games just got even easier. Kill point games... still tough it is going to look like. What is going to fill our elite slots now?

7) Harlies, another thing fluff said we had that we don't... good to see em.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

well i trust krovin, but this rumor is coming from bell of lost souls, who i belive tried pulling that april fools joke on us :/ not amused about that.

1) Agreeing on some more posion, also kinda scared that is or default rifles are indeed poison 4+ they have the same chance of wounding a C'tan as a dark lance

2) There are some drug effects i dont like atm and wish hellion/jetbikes had something better than fearless, then again looking at blood angels/space marines/IG book, it will be feel no pain, theres alot of that going around recently.

3)lance weapons are your friends also the idea on a melta lance scares me. Current ap1 lances on Zoanthroapes and Blood angels is bad enough.

4) I have seen some sweet ideas for slave taking tolls, possibly we will get a tallyman-like table of effects depending on armywide no. of slaves?

5) hehe wychs as troops...*drool*

6) Harlequins will be nice for fluff purposes, rules wise currently can be taken by wych's in combat.

I just hope Wych's get ws5 and wych weapons stay the same, haha die marines, hit us on 5's fool!
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

I'm actually concerned. Seeing how much better the guards, nids, and 2 space marine chapters got with new releases, I'm actually afraid how much better DE would get considering their old codex is still very strong. Hopefully, GW won't go overboard.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    I'm actually concerned. Seeing how much better the guards, nids, and 2 space marine chapters got with new releases, I'm actually afraid how much better DE would get considering their old codex is still very strong. Hopefully, GW won't go overboard.
    This.
    I'm a bit worried that they'll get dumbed down a bit too much to push them in line with the current codex creep. I know that having an army with such a steep learning curve isn't good for sales. However I'm sure I'm far from the only one who still plays them, who takes pride in being capable of commanding them. Or at least for having thick enough skin to take an avalanche of losses and keep on going.

Plus, as stupid and shallow as it is, I think them becoming a new go-to army would kill me a little. I like being the only one around who plays them.

Excited anyway, just hoping it doesn't go too far. A Tallyman type effect for gathering slaves would be fabulous. Especially now that it serves no purpose other than personal satisfaction (and Animus Vitae of course, if you run one) with 5th Ed.

Pretty Marines, Orks, Dark Eldar, and excited ramblings: http://wrahmammer.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I dont think we really need a new codex, just a re-release of models and some support and attention by GW could help put DE back in the spotlight, without making them an auto win in the hands of a good player.

Think about it, we have a fairly weak codex that can do relatively well if you take the correct build, in the hands of an experienced player it can win with regularity.

With codex creep lets say our less fielded builds get balanced, we will still have our powerful build from before, and the models for that build will be in the possession of experienced players. These players are likely to become mch more feared than the Tyranids or Blood Angels players for one simple reason, how did you learn about how to beat Tyranids and Blood Angels? You played against them, DE are unlikely to beome a popular rmy regardless of how many updates we get, and other players who do play DE will likely be inexperienced with them (and thus unable to use them well) or just jump on the bandwagon win at all costs players who will move on in a few months. So people will still not have that chance to learn how to beat DE.

Sorry if thats hard to read, it always makes more sense in your head :p

Now my comments on the rumors.
    Yes combat drugs will change, look at what the Tyranid Biomorphs have become.

These are ones I think are likely, dont confuse this with a rumor
    1. Fearless
    2. Preffered Enemy
    3. Furious Charge (possibly with rage)
    4. Feel No Pain
    5. Strike at I 10
    6. Rending

I dont like the melta-lance, I was already complaining about Tyranids getting a S10 AP1 lance, besides with DE the melta lance is going to be too easy to take out, our vehicles are far from indestructible and I just cant see them giving that to infantry.

Wytches and Warriors may not be as good as many of you may first think. In a 2000pt Kabal how many warrior/raider squads do you have? How many wytch squads? Now how will you fit those 8-9 squads into the troops section? You better hope they keep wytch retinues.

Harlequins are back, good, in fluff they appear to both the Eldar and Dark Eldar, and induct troupers from both cultures.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

mmm
    Personally i would've preffered tweaking and bringing into 5th edition line then a brand new codex.

Hopefully it won't change too much. I enjoy the current edition, a few things could use minor tweaks to make competitive.
    Hellions could be a bit cheaper/get two special weapons, mandrakes need poison/champion, scourge need to get a rule that lets them move 6 inch in assault after firing.

Harliquins will need a special rule to make them unique to Wyches, i'm thinking they may get something similar to mandrakes cover save...

If they are making it more larger with more units i hope they don't....filter out the uniqueness of the Kabal vs Wych and actually expand Haemonculi covern into it's own minor section...

Not that i can think of a decent troop choice for haemy covern on the top off my head =p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Groutesques? if they alter it to
    Archon Leader-Warriors=tropps
    Archite Leader- Wych's=Troops
    Haemonculus Leader- Groutesques=troops
    the other 2 are elites depending on your leader choice maybe?

may sound unlikely, but with space marine/space puppy/nids/blood angels, they all have something that allow you to take a differnt unit as troops.

also like i said, drugs in some way shape or form have about an 80% chance of being able to cause feel no pain, its every where atm like.
    Fantasy : Empire, Chaos Warriors, Chaos Daemons, Vampire Counts, Beastmen, High Elves, Lizardmen( but i have opinions on every army just not the money)
    40k: Black Templars, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar, Tau (thinking of Eldar)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From an outside perspective it just wouldn't happen that they would tweak the army list and add a few new models.
    The army struggles now due to its learning curve and models (sales/fanbase wise), and lets be serious good models sell, but a good army sells well.
    For DE to actually continue as a proper 40k army which is pretty important when xenos are outnumber by space marine codexes then you need a codex that people will WANT to play. This means it needs to be good.
    Keeping in mind in alot of newer releases the stuff people think will be game breaking normally doesn't even make it into the competitions or has a much smaller impact, there is alot more depth to the codexes and as people discover this you often see unusual results of what really works in a tournament setting.

Its a hard pill to swallow for the elitests and the people who likeplaying the army no one else has, but its selfish to expect nothing to change for your sakes, and unrealistic to think your army will not go the way of the squats if it did.

+ Reply to Thread