Mixed Weopon Ravager - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a ravager (i bought it off someone) but it only has two lances and a dissy, what are the pros and cons of mixed weopons??? :rofl: :lol:

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    ------------------------------------------
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?jefftheworld' target='_blank'>DONT CLICK HERE...OR ELSE...</a>
    ------------------------------------------
    <a href='http://members.rogers.com/jalyanak' target='_blank'>The Legendary Dark Eldar Army</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

If you mix, then it should be two dissies and one lance. That&#39;s because dissies can be fired as defensive weapons in 4th edition, this way you can fire all three weapons after a 12" move.

Nevertheless most players prefer to use only one type of weapon (dissies, that is).

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i prefer to only use one type depending on the army but this way if you fire at 24 armour your dissies will be wasted while if you had 3 DL&#39;s then you get more likely to kill or if with 3 dissies befect SM killin anything goodness.

i suppose you could mix as it would be more flexible but also less effectiveness it is your choice flexibility or effectiveness

A very violent persona Apotheosis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d go with straight 3, even in tournaments when you have to worry about being balanced.

Always take 3 dissies, the ULTIMATE troop killer, I will promise you. Better than Ordnance I actually believe.

Anyways, for anti-tank, get some DL sniper squads.

And if you want another dissie, just order it. ^_^

Or convert your DLs.

BTW, it should have come w/2 Dissies and one DL, not vice versa.
    "And whoever wants to be a creator in good and evil, must first be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to the greatest goodness: but this is--being creative."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you remember the DE mantra ("speed is our armor"), then the choice becomes clear: either 3 dissies or 2 dissies and 1 DL. Ideally, you will never move slowly enough to ever fire 3 DLs. Thus, they&#39;re a waste. Furthermore, with the new rules governing template placing, getting more than one full hit with the template is getting harder and harder. Firing 3 shots from the dissie instead of one template isn&#39;t even a disadvantage anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even though 3 dark lances aint worth it, it can actually have its uses. Taking out a tank is extremely easy with 3. The strategy is to pop out from cover and shoot, but its tough with the movement and fire. Can you move up to 5 inches and fire all 3 weapons? Just wondering. Cuz if you can only fire 1 main with 6 inch move what about 5?

Anyhow, killing a tank is simple with 3. BUT with 1 and 2 dissies, tanks are harder to kill. My ravager is made to tank kill to make sure he is worth the points in the battle.

So i have 3 questions... can you move 5 inches and fully fire everything?
    and how much do you have to move for everything to glance, and how does the glancing thing work?

I am still trying to figure out some stuff with rules and stuff.

With this so far I am convinced to carry a ravager with 3 dls. It seems to tank hunt like mad.

incubi
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, since the guns keep falling off I think i will change them ....but to what?
    Dark Eldar: The Kabal Of the Black Heart: Bloody Claw division.
    Black Legion: Division 666
    Vampire Counts Von Castein Bloodline: w/l/t
    4/0/1

Closed Thread