Nid Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nid Help

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Nid Help

I just wanted to know what would be the best units to take care of the tyranid MC's

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

The C'tans and Destroyers are probably the best units we can field to take care of MCs from Tyranids.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

If I were you, I'd spend as many points on, like ghost said, C'tans, destroyers AND immortals if you can. Nothing like being able to move and still fire 2x respectable shots at 24"....and they're also effective against warriors and anything else, for that matter. You're going to get swamped, so you might as well spam the units that can do the most reliable damage before they get to you. 3x squads of destroyers, 2x squads of immortals (or 3x smaller groups if the points permit), a c'tan, rez lord, warriors, and maybe as many Tomb Spyders as possible to pit against non-WS-5 models. Monoliths are a possibility, so long as you take 2+, but expect drop podding zoans to do destroy at least one the turn they arrive (as we have no anti psycher stuff apart from pariahs...which might be handy, but I wouldn't waste the points on something so finicky).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I've found a one-two punch of destroyers and tomb spyders to be effective (depending on the MC). Generally just hurling masses of destroyer fire at them does the trick, however a couple tomb spyders can really tear down the last couple wounds, and if your spyder dies...well it costs 1/3 the base cost of any of their MCs so no big loss there. Heavy destroyers could work against the MCs as well but really just pouring S5/6 wounds into them will bring them down. It should be noted that Heavy Destroyers may be needed to reliably wound Hive Tyrants if they're surrounded by guard or Tyrannofexes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

I don't know about your Nid players, but the ones I played had 2+ saves....destroyer massed fire is nice, but not reliable enough I agree the Ctan is a monster against them (alone he killed 3 of them through the game).
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

The only 'nids that can get 2+ saves are foot slogging tyrants and tyrannofexes. I would still recommend going with the mass dice rolling/mobility tactic (lots of assault weapons that you can fire while moving back). Try to keep moving away from the hoard and big beasties while you whittle them down. 2x DSing flying HTs + other podding 'nids simultaneously is a huge headache and for that I recommend RUNNING the closest models away unless you're confident you can kill the especially dangerous units. It's best to run them towards your guys even if they will still get charged next turn to set up the fire brigade after that unit presumably gets wiped. Still...mobile firepower + many many shots are your only quasi reliable refuge against all types of 'nids. A group of flayed ones coupled with the rez lord and Tomb Spyders, not to mention a C'tan would be great, too. That I4 makes getting swept with the lord somewhat less commonplace; a chronomo-whetever-its-called is a welcome piece of cheap gear.

+ Reply to Thread