Warp attacks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warp attacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warp attacks

Hi

If I take a Warp Spider Exarch with dual death spinner and power blades how many attacks does he get? I always work on his 2 base plus one for the power blades and one on the charge, but I read somewhere that he gets five attacks on the charge? I assume the extra attack on the blades is listed because he has two weapons! or does he get that attack extra as well? maybe the article I read was about an old Codex?

Please can someone clear this up for me

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

He gets 2 base attacks, +1 for the Powerblades, +1 on the charge for a total of 4.

Powerblades in the old codex used to be a wargear that gave you +1 attacks and negated armor saves... but the exarch still remained at 4 as he didn't have any other CCW. The banshee exarch used to be able to wear powerblades along with her sword&pistolo, gaining a total of +2 attacks (they simplified it taking that option out and simply adding mirror blades for the same effect)
    - Just love that maki! -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I count 5 on the charge. 2 base +1 for power blades +1 for two of the same special weapon ( BRB pg 42 ) +1 for charge. I think the confusion lies in the description of the weapon itself. It says they confer +1 A, which could be viewed as the normal +1 for having two of the same special weapon, or an extra +1 beyond that. Since saying +1 for the two same special weapons would be redundant, I think it is meant to add an additional +1, thus bringing the total to 5 on the charge. Sorry if this response is confusing.

It's similar to the Mandiblasters entry for Striking Scorpions. In the codex it clearly states that models with this gear gain +1 attack, having nothing to do with the number of close combat weapons carried by the model. Seeing as the description for the Power Blades says they are twin power weapons, meaning two of them, I think they should get 5 total. I could be wrong though.

Laters!
    Last edited by qajorgenson; May 11th, 2010 at 11:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death spinners don't count as CCW unlike pistols, so they don't provide a bonus attack, even when coupled with a CCW or Special CCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Qajorgenson wasn't saying that spinners count as extra CCWs, but that powerblades, technically being a pair, would give +1A for the extra CCW and +1A for their own rule.

But if the case is this one... why didn't they just give them mirrorblades and write on their description that they could also be wrist-mounted?
    - Just love that maki! -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no where does it state that powerblades are more than one weapon or a pair, they are +1 attacks as there are theoretically 2 of them but its not technically, spider exarch on charge is 4 attacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

Unlike Mirror Swords, the Powerblades don't say they confer an additional attack beyond being a pair of close combat weapons. It literally says: "Powerblades are twin power weapons... Powerblades confer +1A and ignore armour saves." The second sentence isn't outlining additional rules, it's just clarifying the first sentence.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by qajorgenson View Post
    I count 5 on the charge. 2 base +1 for power blades +1 for two of the same special weapon ( BRB pg 42 ) +1 for charge. I think the confusion lies in the description of the weapon itself. It says they confer +1 A, which could be viewed as the normal +1 for having two of the same special weapon, or an extra +1 beyond that. Since saying +1 for the two same special weapons would be redundant, I think it is meant to add an additional +1, thus bringing the total to 5 on the charge. Sorry if this response is confusing.

It's similar to the Mandiblasters entry for Striking Scorpions. In the codex it clearly states that models with this gear gain +1 attack, having nothing to do with the number of close combat weapons carried by the model. Seeing as the description for the Power Blades says they are twin power weapons, meaning two of them, I think they should get 5 total. I could be wrong though.

Laters!
    No. The only special weapons which having two of confers an extra attack are Power Fists, Lightning Claws and similar things which are widely used, not specific weapons like Powerblades. And even then it's not that it confers an additional attack as well as that for having two close combat weapons, but rather that it doesn't confer that additional attack unless you have two of that specific weapon.

So, to clear things up totally, Warp Spider Exarchs with Powerblades get 2 attacks base + 1 attack for 2 CCW + 1 attack on the charge = 3 attacks by default and 4 on the charge. Not 5.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulelock View Post
    no where does it state that powerblades are more than one weapon or a pair

if u look on the model u will notice he has 2 powerblades, which from WYSIWYG makes total sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Siguy View Post
    if u look on the model u will notice he has 2 powerblades, which from WYSIWYG makes total sense
    i see where your coming from but powerblades are one weapon...on that theory i could add a prism cannon to him as its WYSIWYG!! rules are rules

+ Reply to Thread