A couple of questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of questions

Hi, there are a couple of things that I'm not too sure about and want to clear them up.

1. I've seen in some posts around the net that gargoyles provide a 4+ cover save to MCs and I'm not too sure how that works as for MCs 50% of them has to be covered to receive a cover save but from having a look at the gargoyle models only some of them look like they cover 50% of an MC

I wasn't too sure on that one so me and my friend agreed for me to get 5+ in our games

2. In my local GW I've heard someone saying that equipping boneswords/bonesword and lashwhip gives the warriors 1 more attack in CC as it is a close combat weapon

I've never used it because I thought that those weapons don't provide any other bonuses

3. If I equip my Tervigon with both Adrenal Glands and Toxin sacs, would that mean that if gaunts within the tervi's range assaulted, they would wound T4 opponents on 4s and got to re-roll as furious charge would make them S4 and then taking into account the poison weapon rule, or do those bonuses do not stack up?

I haven't actually had that problem yet but I'm asking because I'd like to use something like that soon

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To answer your questions..

Question 1
    Yes you can abuse modeling/placement with the gargoyles to provide a MC with a cover save, I myself haven't done so but I have seen it done before. If you can't agree on it being 50% covered then you can always roll off for it, ask for someone else's opinion or just take a 5+ instead like you have been.

Question 2
    No it doesn't it says right in the Tyranid rule book page 33 Tyranid Close combat weapons "...Tyranid models never receive bonus attacks for fighting with more then one close combat weapon... these bonuses are always included in the creature's profile"

Question 3
    Yes they stack so you do re-roll your failed to wound attacks but only in the turn that you charged and only if the unit you charged is T4 or less

Hope this helps you N good luck in your future games!

Yukon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot for your answers

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

klondiker hit your first two questions, but is a little off on the third.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trygon View Post
    3. If I equip my Tervigon with both Adrenal Glands and Toxin sacs, would that mean that if gaunts within the tervi's range assaulted, they would wound T4 opponents on 4s and got to re-roll as furious charge would make them S4 and then taking into account the poison weapon rule, or do those bonuses do not stack up?
    It sounds like you misunderstand what adrenal glands and toxin sacs actually do.

Toxin sacs give the model the ability to wound any non-vehicle on a 4+ regardless of its Toughness value.

Adrenal glands grant the model furious charge.

They do different things -- and neither of them involve rerolls or are conditional to the Toughness of the assaulted target -- and termagants in range of a Tervigon that has both glands and sacs also themselves benefit from both.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Toxin sacs give the model the ability to wound any non-vehicle on a 4+ regardless of its Toughness value... Adrenal glands grant the model furious charge.
    Toxin sacs grant the model poisoned attacks on 4+, When assaulting with Poisoned attacks if your models Str is equal to or greater then the targets Toughness you re-roll your failed to wound rolls. Because the Termigants have furious charge they become Str 4 (the turn they charge) which means they would re-roll to wounds on most (But not all) infantry. Anything they are assaulting with Toughness 5 or greater and they gain the 4+ to wound but with no re-rolls.

Note: They will only gain the Re-roll to wound on models T4 or bellow on the turn they charge. Otherwise it would be T3 or less because of the base stats of the termigants.
    Last edited by klondiker; May 14th, 2010 at 18:40.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

You are totally correct, of course. I misread your post to mean that toxin sacs granted rerolls and nothing else ... and not the 4+ to wound. I apologize for that.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem #6. Respect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input guys, it's all clear now

Actually I have a problem with point 3, while discussing it with a friend he said that the effect shouldn't stack up, as the re-rolls for poison weapons take into account the basic strength, not modified (which it would be after the furious charge). Is there some sort of rule in the rule book (I've looked for a long time) or anything said anywhere that's official and would prove that the bonuses do stack up?
    Last edited by Alzer; May 20th, 2010 at 09:15. Reason: Double Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

I dont see having both as stacking, stacking is such a rude word now days. Rather its a combo. They just happen to be str 4 on the turn they charge which is a precondition of rerolling wounds vs t4 models. Its not like we are arguing about two items giving the model +1 each. They are two completely seperate effects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are separate effects, the point that my mate makes is that in the poison weapon section in the rule book it says "if the strength of the wielder..." which he says kind of means the basic strength, not modified. Personally I can not find anything that says that it's legal or illegal, so I'm not too sure on this one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast