Welcome to Librarium Online!
1. First I would like to ask about the doom I can not seem to find any info about spirit leech and models with feel no pain. Does it negate the FnP rules or would they just get the 4+ save and no armor save? In the hard cover rulebook it says only close combat weapons can negate FnP with power weapon type weapons.
2. Also I was wondering about Hive Guard impaler cannon shots. If the hive guard is in complete cover, would the target get a 4+ cover save automatically or only if the model it is shooting is in or touching cover.
3. Another question about MC and cover saves. Would gargoyles give cover saves to all or most MCs? Also would warriors or any mid sized tyranid model give a cover save to some MCs in the same way?
4. Would normal troops give cover saves to vehicles if they seem to be covering 50% of the vehicle? It matters for the zoanthrope and hive guard shots. The vehicles should not but if I get saves for MCs I would accept it.
Some of your questions are similar to questions that I've asked in a different thread, anyway I'll try to help out to the best of my abilities
1. Doom's spirit leech doesn't allow your opponent to take a feel no pain roll, as far as I'm aware because things that ignore armour saves also ignore FnP (AP2)
2. The guards don't need a line of sight therefore if your guards are in cover it doesn't have any impact at all
3. The gargoyles provide your MCs with cover saves but only when the actual gargoyle model covers 50% or more of the MC, some of the gargoyle models I've seen are bigger then others so just make sure to keep the larger ones on front of your MC and remove the smaller gargoyles as casualties
4. I've played a lot of games but I never even thought of having a cover save throw due to infantry and any of my opponents never used it neither. I think that in order to claim a cover save for a vehicle 50% of it has to be covered but due to environment not troops unless it's like a monstrous creature or something that really limits the view. I have to admit I'm far from sure on this one though. Also keep in mind that you don't need line of sight for your hive guard.
If a vehicle or MC is covered 50% by anything it gets cover. The problem comes from a slender model, like the Zoan and things that fly like Gargoyles. I'd take it on a case by case basis, do NOT include the flying stand. It's only the actual model, not it's base, banner, any of that stuff.
That's why some unscrupulous players use older, smaller MC and vehicle models.
Whoa there cheif, Im not sure i could afford to replace all of my old miniatures with new ones for tourny play. While there are definate benefits to having smaller models in this case, i would be careful about throwing out your blanket comments of unscrupularity. We older players do take pride in having some of the models we put on the table.That's why some unscrupulous players use older, smaller MC and vehicle models
I said SOME unscrupulous players. Maybe you have scruples. :]
oh nah, im dodgy as sin. Just dont like being caught. <3