NightBringer....Or......? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NightBringer....Or......?

Ok, So Today's Question: What do you guys think i should bring with me to Gencon 'Ard Boys State Tourney? The Night Bringer, or take out the night bringer and take

A monolith and another Lord?

That would basically give me 3 monoliths
    4 squads of 10 warriors
    5 destroyers
    8 pariahs with lord
    a lord with jetbody and res orb.
    3 wraiths.

and basically run all my units behind the monoliths. that way they make an inclosure. this will definately buy me some fire power time. monoliths are just flat out hard to kill. so i figure, if i do not give anyone a chance to shoot at my Necrons,

Then they must shoot the monoliths to get my warriors...but idk.

WHATCHA THINK?

This will also give me another monolith to warp units and re-roll failed WBB rolls and put down more pie plates on turn 1!

Necrons and Tau
    Necrons - W5 D0 L0
    Tau - W18 D2 L4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say go Monolith over Nightbringer. It will support your army so much better than Slowbringer and maybe you can DS the third one in for dramatic effect. Go go Tri-Lith lists!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Deceiver is better! Moving because they assaulted you, or escaping CC for free movement is insane. Yes, I've moved/assualted 24" with the Deceiver before...
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking the same thing! pie plates really cant miss shooting wise. they will always land somewhere, and if that lands on another unit, im good with that. but i think so far, i want to run 3 monoliths so i can hide all my necron units. that way they have to shoot my monoliths to get my necrons!
    Necrons and Tau
    Necrons - W5 D0 L0
    Tau - W18 D2 L4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I'm thinking Tri mono is in order here. The WBB rate you can achieve (against shooting at least) and the damage output of three Particle whips is something that will support your army far more efficiently than the NB. On the other hand Nightbringer is better at responding to sudden surprises inside or behind your phalanx, where the monolith may end up wiping out half of one of your own squads. Really depends on what you're facing I think. Against Shooting and Mech assault forces, definitely mono, against CC armies with deepstrike ability, a C'tan would really come into play.

Honestly I'd say take the deceiver over both because he is able to respond to both formats more easily, the nasty charge against disruptive assault elements, and some nice leadership effects against shooting armies. Plus you do have two monoliths on field already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, here is my problem. the 1 reason i disagree on the deciever is because of all these armies that can run meq. i cant make a landraider go to ground unfortunately, and half the time, the nightbringer/ any C'tan is doing nothing but running across the field of fire anyways.

In the edition, they just seem kinda.....useless.

Thats why i run the NB, so that he can help take out vehicles.

idk, thats my big ordeal about the C'tan.........
    Necrons and Tau
    Necrons - W5 D0 L0
    Tau - W18 D2 L4

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

S9 and 6 attacks (on charge) with 2D6 armour pen is pretty much gonna kill ANY vehicle in the game. The deciever is just as good as the nightbringer in that respect. And hes faster, usually strikes first, makes foes run away and can dodge combat. He is better than the NB. But to be honest you shouldn't take a c'tan until all your heavy support are full as a lith is going to be better than a C'tan in ANY game. In 99% of situations it's going to come of better. The only times it will do worse are against terminator and land raider equivalents.

My 2 cents
    Ye Old Necrons (R.I.P.) (7000pts) W52 D5 L9
    New Crons!!! (5000pts) W1 D1 L1
    Blood Angels (2500pts) W4 D0 L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Why pay that much for a single shot lascannon with medium range when you could pay less than half the amount for three of them with more mobility and range? I know the NB is more than that but if you need ranged anti tank, get ranged anti-tank. Alternatively, having more destroyers to slow down vehicles or scrap transports so your c'tan can go to town on them may also meet some success.

MEQ = Marine Equivalent.

MECH= Mechanized (riding vehicles).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

I say go with the Monolith, they've always come through for me where I've seen the Nightbringer fall time and time again (once he was turned into a Squig!). i will also agree that if taking a C'tan, go with the Deceiver because he's a CC beast! You don't need to spend 360 pts on an HQ just because you want an extra shot, your ENTIRE army can shoot stuff and kill it (and like Alzer said, for half the points you can take 3 Heavy Destroyers and get 2 extra lascannonesque shots), what you lack is a CC oriented beast that can defend your fragile Warriors for 60 pts less.
    World Eaters: W-47 D-10 L-9
    Necrons: W-19 D-3 L-2
    Protectorate of Menoth: W-36 D-0 L-7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Changed into a squig? You need to tell your ork opponent to read his Zogwarts rules better, because that power only applies to independent characters, which the Ctan obviously is not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast