DOOM work w/ teammate? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DOOM work w/ teammate?

I'm playing a 2 v 1 game with a teammate. Does DOOM allow my teammate to re-roll failed to wound rolls as well against the enemy? Need confirmation for our opponent. I'm quite sure the effect confers since it is casted on the enemy. I know that i CAN'T CAST guide on my teammate's units since it is for Eldar units only as says the the codex.

Notable Achievements: Farseer w/ SS taking down a Monolith all by itself in one shooting phase. A Warlock w/ SS in a Guardian squad on an objective taking down a Soul Grinder in one Shooting phase. 2nd turn 2 DSing Trygon Primes going from 6-0 wounds during turn 3.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since it doesn't specify like the Guide entry does, I'd say it confers to your teammates models.
    Eldar W/D/L: 17/15/12
    Ordo Malleus W/D/L: 24/3/4
    Crimson Fists: In Progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really it depends on how your game groups play - i've been in places where they specify you can't benefit your teammate like that or other places where you can go so far as to hop their transports/join their units.

I play that doom works for everyone! I keep fortune as eldar only - a squad of fortuned assault terminators is pretty freakin broken ya know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doom specifically states may reroll ALL to-wound rolls against the enemy unit... while guide and fortune state specifically friendly eldar squad... so you can give teammate full benifits if tey are also an eldar player. helpful when a squad of marines is goin up against something unsupported!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

If it says re-roll all wounds, then yeah, Noli is right. your team mate can benefit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

The way Doom is worded if during your opponents turn he scatters a template onto that unit you can re roll wounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by FarseerFaris View Post
    I play that doom works for everyone! I keep fortune as eldar only - a squad of fortuned assault terminators is pretty freakin broken ya know?
    Try a fortuned DE Archon w shadowfield . That's pretty much turning the game cheats on and getting god mode

I think with team games you have to discuss what team mates can and cannot do and there are no set rules made up for them since the basic GW rules are meant for 1v1.

There's just some combos which are too good like CSM + IG. Lash everything together for the IG templates to rain down

The only moves I would disallow would be transporting the other team's units and their ICs cannot join your units unless it's the same army otherwise it'll make for some serious powerhouse combos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x5)

Hey, in a doubles game, who knows how things work. I play with IC's being allowed, though the owner of the original squad controls the group itself.

To be honest, the more difficult of the situations is what happens in a 3 person game, with 3 teams, and you get involved in a 3 way assault.

Do all units deal wounds on every round? Or only if they're targetted.

Its one of those things that rules don't, and probably wont ever, get written for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post
    Hey, in a doubles game, who knows how things work. I play with IC's being allowed, though the owner of the original squad controls the group itself.

To be honest, the more difficult of the situations is what happens in a 3 person game, with 3 teams, and you get involved in a 3 way assault.

Do all units deal wounds on every round? Or only if they're targetted.

Its one of those things that rules don't, and probably wont ever, get written for.
    theres actually a game type that has rules for that. something about only 2 people can ever be in a single assault, but the 3rd person can fire into the assault.
    Eldar W/D/L: 17/15/12
    Ordo Malleus W/D/L: 24/3/4
    Crimson Fists: In Progress

+ Reply to Thread