Where do you put Farseers in mech lists? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Where do you put Farseers in mech lists?

I've just started Eldar, mainly Mech. Since Farseers are so important to Eldar, where do they go in Mech lists? I'm guessing riding around with Avengers, but am not sure. Also, how do you keep them alive? Thanks!

Signature? What, do I sign my name here or something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can ride them with avengers with guide and doom or with banshees with doom (and whatever else you want) or have jetbike seer council and have the farseer with them. These are the most common option i believe but you can practically hide it in any other unit and put it into a transport (or on a jetbike).

Mine is personally with avengers right now. I have to use a falcon for my banshees so i need as much girls as possible in that falcon. I believe 24 inch of doom should be enough to help the girls with some doom support.

As far keeping it alive. Mine havent died once in like 10 games. Try to avoid getting base to base in combat so they cant target him directly. You can also give him spears if you put him with avengers. Really cheap and better then pistols. It might come in handy even though it has 12 inch range.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

That depends on your style of play.
    I ride Eldrad with 5 avengers as ablative wounds and he is one of my countarattck close combat units . just avoid powerfists and other S8. On a regular farseer the problem is that he is T3 and will die fast in CC. So probably still with avengers. Also doomseers with banshees are a good choice as ussualy the girls will wipe out the enemy and your farseer will stay alive (at least till enemy shooting phase).
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

Mine usually goes in a Serpent with Avengers. I'll often keep the Avenger Serpent and the Banshee Serpent close to each other so I can still Doom whoever the banshees plan to assault, and then Guide the Avengers and point them at something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually wouldn't run the seer with the banshees. Two reasons:

1) The seer doesn't actually bring that much to an assault which already includes 8-10 banshees. You migh get 2 wounds out of it, but those are saveable, so against the backgdrop of 7-10 power weapon wounds it's not that impressive.

2) Psychic Hood range. You can doom from 24" away, so the seer can sit back with some dire avengers in a 2nd serpent (as Archon Charybdis says) and doom from there. It keeps the seer safer, still gives you the big boost to the banshees with doom and lets you skirt around outside hood range (unless he's in the squad you're looking to doom ). Put him with the banshees and he's very likely to be in hood range for any hood on the table.. banshees are, after all, pretty much an 'in your face, kiling your important squad' kind of unit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x3)

I have one with my Banshees always. None of our Marine players (and there are many) use Librarians at all, so psychic hood is not a concern for me.
    I not only use him for doom and to Fortune the Wave Serpent. He also has a Spear, and often will leave the Banshees to go vehicle hunting. He rarely dies as my Banshees and other fast movers are a higher priority target.

jboweruk

Hmm, food for thought here, I never considered sticking my Farseer in a Falcon before... Hmm, must remember that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Thanks for all the replies! I got a few questions now, however. Fortuning a wave serpent: How does that work? I feel unless you have the cover save for turbo boosting, it is pointless, is this true?

Also, how do you deploy banshees from the wave serpent? As they have to sit around looking pretty for the turn they come out. Do you keep them deployed and the next turn assault from the tank? Then the wave serpent has to be dangerously close to a squad, and can easily be gunned down. Tactics?
    Signature? What, do I sign my name here or something?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Sajiisde View Post
    Thanks for all the replies! I got a few questions now, however. Fortuning a wave serpent: How does that work? I feel unless you have the cover save for turbo boosting, it is pointless, is this true?

Also, how do you deploy banshees from the wave serpent? As they have to sit around looking pretty for the turn they come out. Do you keep them deployed and the next turn assault from the tank? Then the wave serpent has to be dangerously close to a squad, and can easily be gunned down. Tactics?
    I fortune the Wave Serpent(s) to gain a re-roll for the fast moving cover save, and speed them to the enemy lines often with Star Engines 36" total move. The banshees obviously stay embarked that turn. I never rush with just 1 Wave Serpent, always 2-3 and they cover each other. Unless the vehicle explodes and kills too many Banshees (has yet to happen to me) then I'm good to go for assault next turn.

Next turn they disembark (before the Wave Serpent moves) and assault. You can assault after disembarking as long as the vehicle hasn't yet moved. So disembark THEN move the Wave Serpent (perhaps to give cover to the banshees, or block an enemy counter assault).

Few things scare my opponents like knowing I can put Banshees in their rear lines on turn 2!

-John

one side note: In regular games we keep which unit is in which transport a secret (though we still declare what units are embarked and which transport they are in must be written on the army sheet). In tourneys there are no secrets!
    Last edited by JMichael; May 26th, 2010 at 20:21.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

mine are usually carpooling with my fire dragons in a wave serpent, so that they are always guided and whatever they shoot at is doomed
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast