Shadow Fields and Psycannons... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadow Fields and Psycannons...

Does a weapon that ignores invulnerable saves destroy the Shadow Field?
    Technically it didn't fail it if it never took it.

Dark Eldar - Everyone stole Our 2+ Poisons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

I have heard this come up quite a lot in the past, and it is a touchy issue, but I think I can make some sense of it.

Say for example, you did indeed face an enemy with an weapons that ignores invulnerabe saves. You were hit, and then wounded by one such weapon. What would happen, is you would forgo your invulnerable save throw, and undertake your Armor save, or your Cover Save, depending on which one is more appropriate at the time. If you fail this next roll, you suffer a wound as per casualty rules.

Now under no circumstances did I say that you have failed an INVULNERABLE save, only an armor/cover. Because of this, it can be determined that instead of failing the save, you were denied the save. The rule per the Shadowfield in the codex specifically states if the save is ever failed, and not by any other factors.

So per your question, I would have to say that your Shadowfied would still be used to effect, and may be used in a later time again. However, do not forget the rules of Instant Death, or re-rolls of Invulnerable Saves, as these factors would not allow a Shadowfield to be used again if they were failed/occured.

Hope this helps, and didn't make it too complicated.

Good Hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

I agree with Hawkuli, there's a difference between failing a save and never taking one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

You haven't rolled the save and haven't failed it.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle View Post
    You haven't rolled the save and haven't failed it.
    No need for a detailed explanation, poodle has everything you need right here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    No need for a detailed explanation, poodle has everything you need right here.
    So, you didn't bother to read my complex understandings and reasoning of a highly simple and "one sentence summary" post just above ze_poodles, where it talks about exactly the same thing, just in much broader terms, and has a deep understanding of the logic behind the truth of the matter and explains meticulously in detail the very concept and nature of the matter of which the OP has taken the time to make very clear for all of us to understand, so that we may elucidate all factors that can deter the reasoning for or against, while adhering to the strict rules that of which our precise and acute game requires, keeping in mind that in order to play you must have an intuitive mind, and be able to think not only logically, but laterally as well, so that when the time arises that queries need like this such one here need to be addressed, you don't look like a complete fool who doesn't know what he is talking about, and has no reason to back up their theories and sometimes unorthodox methods as to why they cannot back up their hypotheses..........?

Please for the love of God, somebody stop me before I slip back into dilerium!!!!!

Good Hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

+ Reply to Thread