Warbuggies or big Gunz? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Warbuggies or big Gunz?

So the question is

3 Warbuggies with rokkits
    or
    3 big gun kannons? (I would fill in the other units with grots)

Right know I have 2 units of lootas and killa kanz for long range armor killing, well transports at least and of course lots o' Klaws. I want another shooty anti-tank unit and was wondering what the better option would be. I run a mech/foot slog list if that factors into your decision.

Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
    Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Triple post bananza! Don't you love how this forum works?

Well...both rokkit buggies and kannons are good stuff. Do you have a Mek with SAG? Kannon work well with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you got the points go for buggies. If not just to run them in front of your other units drawing fire from more important targets.

I like cannons and use them often. I'm trying out buggies. But I only got one so far.

If you got an all foot slogging army I would go with cannons.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Kannons are a better deal. The difference is that the rokkit buggies can only fire rokkits, whereas the kannons can also fire the frag shot, to take out infantry.

If you were playing mostly vehicles, then the rokkit buggies would be better, since they can also screen and distract, but since there's a lot on foot in the army, I'd go with the big gunz kannons. Just don't buy the official model, they're a rip-off. Just convert them out of grots and IG heavy weapons teams.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

I prefer buggies. Their ability to get behind enemy tanks and rokkit their rears is great. Clever opponents can avoid the stationary big gunz, or screen them easily. Buggies ftw!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personally prefer Kannons, for the reason Grax already told, they can take infantry and vehicles alike.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

That depends on what you want to accomplish with them. Both units are great, and could work well in your list depending upon...

Rokkit Buggies are fast and mobile, if you want to race them to where they need to be, to counter your opponent's clever deployment and tricky movement around buildings and terrain.. these guys are for you. They'll also get right up in your opponent's face, and be another factor to deal with in addition to the rest of your mech boyz. Even better if you can run them close to a KFF Mek in a Battle Wagon.

Kannons lack the mobility of Rokkit Buggies, but they pack more utility with having two modes of fire. The real benefit of the Kannon is it provides more back-field shots to counter alpha-strike units. If you face an opponent that habitually drops a single pod with a Dread, or some similar tactic, having another back-field player will allow you to eliminate the threat and move on. Big gun crews are glass cannons, though, and lingering so close to your deployment zone with such a low Ld score is usually begging to be sent running.

In the end, I think Buggies can accomplish everything else that Kannons can, except for dropping the fun-sized pie plates. My vote goes to the Buggies, I often find the mobility they offer to be much more beneficial than the Kannon's frag shot, especially if your list is already good at thinning the hordes (which my shoota boyz are). Plus, they're ridiculously easy and cheap to convert if you've got a few junker toys still lingering in your parent's attic.
    Last edited by BossGorestompa; June 4th, 2010 at 01:29.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Yeah sorry about the 3 posts, its never happened before computer must have been stroking out or something.

I think I am going to play a few practice games with both and see how they do. I like the mobility of the buggies but the pie plates would do well against the nid players that I face alot....
    Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
    Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

Mind you, they are small blast markers (hence fun-sized). The term 'pie plate' denotes the large blast marker.

Just wanted to make sure there weren't any mix ups. Sounds like a great idea -- proxying units before buying is always a good idea!
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by BossGorestompa View Post
    proxying units before buying is always a good idea!
    ick phooey...only powergamers do that. Paint up stuff just because it's cool and figure out how to win with it later.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast