Disruption Field + Warscythe - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the combination possible and if so, would it provide a benefit at all?

Timbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont see why not. I think it would be beneficial.
    Win/Lose/Draw
    Necrons: RETIRED
    Harlequins: RETIRED

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no benifit to have the Disruption Field and the War syche. Disruption Field only help destroy tanks, and the lord can already destroy tanks very EZ, if he has the War Syche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, but check it out. Could there be any *additional* benefit to having both? As in, let's say the lord assaults a stationary tank. All his attacks automatically hit. Could it be possible to roll a set of dice for the Disruption Field and then a second set of dice for the warscythe blows? Or some variation thereof? Wonder how that works o_O

Timbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

No!, you only get four attacks when you charge, 3 for the lord himself and the 4th for charging, then you have to choose which weapon you use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The benefit is very slim. If you attack, say, a land raider, you roll 2d6. if you roll a 6 and a 1, you still get a glancing hit. but, for anything with 12 armour or less you already got a glancing hit so the benefit is lost. So there is only asmall chance (1/9) against armour 14 or (1/1 against armour 13.

So generally, i'd buy the warscythe because those odds aren't that good. Even with standard 3 attacks, thats still a 1 in 3 chance of the disruption field doing anything. And against elder, whose highest armour is 12, there is NO EFFECT WHAT SO EVER.

In my opinion, warsythes are much better as they do not subtrat points from the 100 allowed AND ignore all saves. But then there is the subtraction of a very lethal ranged attack...

Summery: choose warscythe or disruption field. they are pretty useless together.

Hope i've helped.
    Necron will stand for eternity.Their race has survived aeons by trading their very souls for metal bodies. Now, they will live on through eternity and will vanquish all life from our universe.For they are Necron. Flesh is weak. The machine will rise!

Closed Thread