Librarium Online Forums banner

Which colors to go with?

702 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  dinodeanpostcat 
#1 ·
Greetings all,

I'm starting to paint my relatively new necron army and i am torn on which colors to go with. I have test painted a few warriors, some in green and some in red and was wondering color you guys think looks better. Keep in mind these are quick test painted so they are far from complete and not carefully done. Sorry for he poor picture quality, using my laptops built in camera since i can't seem to track down my digital camera.

Any thoughts?

See less See more
#2 ·
I personally like the green one. Feels retro in a way, making the Necron look more like a hollywood zombie. The red one is nice as well, looks like it took a nice bloodbath. But I still perfer the green one, can't imagine what you would do to the monolth if you went with the green color scheme.

#4 ·
I'm partial to the red color-scheme... However, before deciding try them with the colored gun rods on. It changes the look quite much.

#5 ·
I am not all too keen on the fully colored metal approach you have taken. But I do like the result of the green, so I would suggest a hybrid of sorts with a normal metalic color.

For instance, paint the body in boltgun/mithril silver, and then use your green on say the shoulder guards, face mask, and the center chest emblem. It really looks nice, keeps them necron-y, but still adds some color for individualism.

That is the basis for what I did to my necrons except I went with a solid blood red, i'll post a few pictures when I get home and let you see what it can look like.

#8 ·
Very nice Azraell. I especially like the monolith with just enough red to match the army but without going overboard. I like the colored armies over the metallics but it can also be tough when it comes to the mono since it can easily become too much color. Think you did an excellent job.

Thanks all for your advice/input.

#9 ·
I have a different take on my Necrons. They are rusted up as if they had just emerged from spending millenia dormant, which combined with some green light source shading certainly makes them different. I will post some pictures when I get the chance (but cannot be until Monday as my camera is at work).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.