1050 Point Mobile Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sort of a noob,only having two units of fire warriors. I have recently been thinking up of a bunch of army lists and this one seems like it would be pretty fun:

HQ:
    Shas'o Al'tesh Kais Myen Ukos with burst cannon, flamer, and shield generator. Hardwired multitracker.
    Total Points: 121

Elite:
    XV-8 team of 3 with burst cannons, flamers, and multitrackers. Bonded.
    Total Points: 163

XV-8 montat with twin-linked fusion blasters and shield generator.
    Total Points: 68

Troops:
    2 Fire warrior teams of 12, half with pulse carbines. Bonded. Mounted in a Devilfish with decoy launchers and flechette dischargers.
    Total Points: 440

Fast Attack:
    Gun Drone squad of 8
    Total Points: 98

Heavy Support:
    Hammerhead with railgun, burst cannons, decoy launchers, and disruption pod.
    Total Points: 160

What do you think?

Use the Pineapple!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would take more plasma guns, against marines (by far the most common army, loyal and chaos flavours) you only have 2 weapons that ignore the save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by inciner@Sep 16 2004, 13:34
    I would take more plasma guns, against marines (by far the most common army, loyal and chaos flavours) you only have 2 weapons that ignore the save.
    [snapback]213908[/snapback]
    agreed, against swarmy, bad-saved guy, (nids, orcs, the gaurd) id go with twin linked missle pods, but if your against marines(and when ARENT you <_< ) i would get twin linked plasma... im a big fan of twin linking, because the only slight downfall to the tau&#39;s shootyness, is the BS of 3, when you get to re roll your shots, your going to hit, A LOT... and wounding is tau&#39;s speciality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m thinking of junking the multitracker and twin linking the burst cannons. Then I get 9 strength 5 shots, all that hit. It would kill only around1-2 less space marines a turn than twin-linked plasma rifles using the rapid fire rules, yet would be 42 points cheaper&#33;&#33; And there is a chance of killing 9 spacce marines.
    Use the Pineapple&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Pineapple Dude@Sep 17 2004, 05:33
    I&#39;m thinking of junking the multitracker and twin linking the burst cannons. Then I get 9 strength 5 shots, all that hit. It would kill only around1-2 less space marines a turn than twin-linked plasma rifles using the rapid fire rules, yet would be 42 points cheaper&#33;&#33; And there is a chance of killing 9 spacce marines.
    [snapback]214316[/snapback]
    All that hit? Sorry, but only 6-7 of those 9 shots will hit on average. Out of those, 4-5 will wound, and that will result in 1-2 dead marines.

A chance of killing 9 space marines? Let&#39;s do the math...

75% to hit ^ 9 shots = 7.51% chance that ALL will hit. Heck, that could happen.

0.67% chance to wound a marine ^ 9 hits = 2.6% chance that 9 hits would all wound. Hmm, not so likely...

7.51% that all 9 shots hit x 2.6% that all 9 hits wound = 0.2% chance that all shots would both hit AND wound.

Marines fail a save 1/3 of the time so...

Chance that 9 marines all fail a save = (1/3)^9 = 0.0051%

And finally

Chance that all 9 shots HIT, WOUND and all 9 marines FAIL their save = 0.2% x 0.0051% = 0.00102 %

Let&#39;s round that off to 0.001%, okay? So, if you shot at 9 marines with those burst cannons, if you did it one thousand times, you ought to kill them all ONCE. Good luck with that ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well you can never count on statistics

for exs. the chance that i can roll 4+ 3 times in a row is whit statistics 0.0625

i tried to roll 4+ 3 times in a row 10 times

6 out of 10 maid it whats wrong ?? calculatet by statistics i had to roll 150 times before i could make it once

(maybe my mat suck i only go in 7th but i got good mat grades)

anyway killing 9 space marines whit 5 shots from burstC hmmm id like to see that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Shas&#39;O@Sep 17 2004, 09:25
    well you can never count on statistics

for exs. the chance that i can roll 4+ 3 times in a row is whit statistics 0.0625

i tried to roll 4+ 3 times in a row 10 times

6 out of 10 maid it whats wrong ??Â* calculatet by statistics i had to roll 150 times before i could make it once

(maybe my mat suck i only go in 7th but i got good mat grades)

anyway killing 9 space marines whit 5 shots from burstC hmmm id like to see that
    [snapback]214388[/snapback]
    Actually, the chance to roll 4+ 3 times in a row is 0.5^3 = 12.5%

Also, even if it WERE 6.25 %, which it isn&#39;t, you&#39;d only have to roll about 15 times before it happened, not 150.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is as i feered my mat sucks &#33;&#33;&#33; buhuhuhuhu buhuhuhu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason, I cannot edit my post. My answer, however, had a typo. it should be 0.0000102% (which is still rounded off), considerably less than what I had originally posted.

To perfect the math, let&#39;s stick it all together (0.75^9)x((2/3)^9)x((1/3)^9) = 0.000009922%

In only one in one hundred thousand attempts should 9 burst cannon shots hit, wound and kill 9 marines in one shooting phase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is in the wrong forum.
    Kais Kauyon Tash'var Battle Record
    2/1/0

Waaugh! Shizgrak Battle Record
    2/4/0

W/L/T

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast