eldar coverage = 5th edition update? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eldar coverage = 5th edition update?

without spouting crazy rumours. i was thinking of the amount of heavy coverage the eldar have been getting recently coupled with the new models and unit (night spinner), that we could be inline for a quick and easy update...thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont believe we are going to get a update anytime soon. There are a few armies that could do with the update before we do. Necrons, Dark Eldar and Space Marines to name a few
    These are my blue dice, There are many more like them, But these ones are mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

yea them space marines are desperate for an update, poor little fellas
    Project Genestealer Cult

Blood Bowl > You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes im aware that other armies are in need more, i would like to see DE next followed by necrons and then DH, WH, but we all know it doesnt work like that as dark angels and black templars will be mixed in there first and possibly eldar and tau.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

space marines? seriously?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think WH will be high up the pecking order as Eldar, but we will deff see Necron, DE and Tau before we get a new codex IMHO

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

The two biggest rumors I've seen floating around are Grey Knights and Dark Eldar, both of which seem to be fighting for the next codex slot. Necrons are probably going be after both of them followed by Witch Hunters. After that, who knows. =P

What the OP is going for I think is more or less little tweaks the Eldar-dex could use to bring bring in line with new 5th codedicies.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

I see what you mean, eldar has been getting quite a few articles wrote about them on the GW website. In fact someone even bothered to upload a guide to painting guardians to the astronomican lol. But I doubt we will get a new codex anytime soon, it needs to be completely redone, not just an update. Also eldar do not need new models. All the aspect warrior models (minus warp spiders) are all great quality. Things that could use a redo though are Warlocks, wrath guard, jetbikes, and warp spiders. Also i would like to see the vectored engine and star engine upgrades get into the falcon and wave serpent kits, but i doubt it will happen, as those pieces are on the nightspinner/prism specific sprue.
    Eldar -APOC- 6500 Points
    Chaos Daemons -Fate Crusher- 3500 Points
    Grey knights - 1000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a new codex would be viable to be honest within the next 1-2 years. WHat Eric mentioned above would make a great line up of new minatures to accompany a new codex. Like Plastic Warlocks, Plastic Wraithguard with new rules and Wraithsword option, Jetbikes (Everyone who is anyone has seen that prototype from years back which was in fact a brill model, Deff a building block) and Warp spiders, which IMHO we will not see in plastic but will see new metal casts more in the line with the awesome new HB, SS and DA models, Typical slender, athletic looking models. Not to say the Warp Spiders look crap, they could just use a update, make them a little less static etc, but not like those terrible Chaos Raptor models!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the thing. I was under the impression that they had finished the Dark Eldar codex (officially although i wont take the time to cite this as I'm not 100% sure) and that the GH WH and DM were all to be released in one Inquisition Codex and that the D. Eldar would be released after the inquisition. Why GW is waiting till after inquisition codex for the D. Eldar codex which is done, who knows they are always beating up on them anyways so why not continue the trend.
    Do I know you?!?!?!?!?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast