Kroot Ox...waste Of Points? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Krootox are a Terrible waste of A. points B. a heavy support slot and C. not allowing Kroot Squads to infiltrate

You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a lot of success with them against Space Marines.
    They are excellent (strong and tough) Hth model AND they have a big gun.
    Whacha want more?

Next game im trying them against Necron.

With those nasty teleport options, I need at least one strong Hth unit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think that the kroot gun shouldnt be rapid firing. its the longest ranged rapid gun there is. i'd take a battlesuit with TW missle pods over that for around the same # of points.
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If not rapid firing, what would it be?

Assault? Too powerful with the long range.
    Heavy? Too weak given the cost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it would be good if it had a choice between a 48" heavy 2 (like an assault cannon) or 24" assault 1. then it would actually have some use. even though taking a crisis suit or a broadside is still a whole lot better, people would actually field krootox.
    Warhammer is expensive.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of using the ranges you mention here.
    Why coulden't they just make it more like the ork big shoota?
    36 inches range and assault 3?
    I don't think so, the krootox is practicly the only heavy support a kroot army can have. It's expencive, yes, but then again, throw him into a large squad an at least he won't be shot up first, and by the way I think the guy could make some real mess in close combat when he finally gets there.
    check out my blog: DRAGONSLAYERO

HEY!
    I WAS IN THE IMPERIAL (Norwegian) GUARD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea i guess the krootox is ok the way he is. i still dont like how it is right now though. i bought one because it was one of my favorite models out there. if you watched lord of the rings:the twin towers, when they battled the goblins on those giant dogs, it reminded me of the krootox cause not only does the rider fight, the animal fights too. it still doesnt seem scary enough in cc. i havent seen anyone afraid of them.

the kroot gnarloc, though, if only games workshop makes them, i would get those in an instant! i love monsterous creatures.
    Warhammer is expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you could use the ox if you put it in a kroot squad who reamain somewhat put during the game - acting like a hth-support for Firewarrior-squads. But yes, they shoukld be either a bit cheaper or an assault.

the kroot gnarloc, though, if only games workshop makes them, i would get those in an instant! i love monsterous creatures.

I've seen the models they've got at Forge World, and I am convinced that you can make one yourself using a dinosaur-toy. You just have to fins a t-rex with the right size. I tried building one myself with a hard-plastic dinosaur and a rubber alligator. Turned out rubber isn't the ideal material to work with when you're making models and I had to scrap it. I had "skinned" the alligator and stuffed the dino inside and you could see the dino-mouth inside the alligators. :lol: And the reptiles mouth was all soft and squishy and didn't look very scary. It just dangled around when you moved the thing. :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, I always took Kroot units for a fleshy wall while firewarriors blasted away.
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have witnessed the power of Kroot recently...in perhaps the biggest point game I have ever played. It was a 1700-2000 pt. armored company and 1000-1500 pt. dark angels army versus my 1000 pt. Tau army and a 1000 pt. Harlequinn army. Sadly I would consider this fight a loss to me, I mean we cleaned out the entire dark angel army except for a dreadnought and a landraider but the armored company was barely touched. Anyway my 10 man kroot squad, with one shaper guiding the way, held off 4 DA bikers. From turn 1 to turn 4, the kroot had killed off 3 of the bikers (damn stubborness) and had only taken 3 or 4 casualties. I rolled really crappy throughout the fight...but the sheer number of attacks and en masse...really took its toll upon those unfortunate bikers. Against individuals without heavy weaponry or high strength I think the Krootox can do some major damage just in CC. A high amount of wounds and attacks, and not to mention a high toughness and strength value...I think it would work well. I have had a lot of time to read all the posts and calculate the value of kroot oxen. I think I shall buy them now.

Closed Thread