Furio-so-broken? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furio-so-broken?

So I recently went against a BA player and he had 6(six) of them scary dreads. Re-roll failed wounds and gain attack for every non saved wound! What kinda crazies is that?!

Anyways, what's the masses take on popping them 13 F/S armour dreads so I can use them for scraps?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

I'd say that shooting them with rokkits and lootas is the way to go. Unlike other dreads, you can't really tarpit them, but also unlike other dreads, they can't really shoot. You can also ram them with deffrollas, that'd work too. Just don't expect a single powerklaw to be able to deal with them. Their front armor is too tough for that.

Basically, just treat them as you would ironclad dreads. There's just more of them then normal. If nothing else, just concentrate on the objective victory, since dreads can't claim objectives.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well grax, you're right about the tarpit. It def doesn't work. But deffrolling a walker with a meltagun is better said than done.

I'm thinking a protected (somehow) squad of tankbustas. Maybe make two squads with a KFF in one or the other.

I think the only way they are coming down is either martyring a IC or squad (assuming they are joined). Shooty it is then...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

I'm not an Ork player but I was just passing by and thought I would throw in my suggestion. I like the idea of using tankbustas, that would probably work if you can't take them out with lootas. For protection, you could use a small squad or two of grots. They'll give a cover save and serve as an assault screen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just an fyi
    they cant have 6 furiosos

they can have 3 furiosos and give them all blood talons.

they can have up to 5 death company dreads that can have blood talons. death company dreads are only armor 12 though and have rage so you can bait them around with trukks, bikes, deffkoptas, or anything else fast.

heavy slot dreadnaughts cant take blood talons at all.

basically against blood talons you just dont want to get in combat, period.
    he can and will go through a mob boys 20 strong.

your only hope in combat is if he totally whiffs his attacks.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Even if they make a death or glory attempt, they still take the d6 S10 hits from the deffrolla. In fact, I'm pretty sure they take 2d6 hits. So it might be a suicide mission, but as long as you kill them, I'm pretty sure you come out ahead.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Grax is right about the deffrollas. They're probably the best way to knock out a blood talon furioso. It gets one S8 melta shot, you get 2d6 S10 deffrolla hits. You win.

You really just need to resist relying on the traditional anti-dread tactic, which is swamping them with cheap infantry. Lots of people have done that against a Furioso, been spanked, and then come away with the opinion that the dread is broken. It's not, you're just tackling it the wrong way - blood talons are basically in the codex so that Dreads can tackle large squads of cheap infantry and clean them up in a reasonable amount of time. If you throw large squads at it, you're just playing to its strengths. It's not impossible to take them out with a klaw, but it's hard - partly because of their higher armour, but also because you might lose enough of the mob to start taking morale tests, and then you risk getting wiped out in a sweeping advance.

Other than Deffrollas, there are lootas, which are admittedly going to struggle against AV13, other walkers (remember that the Furioso loses its S10 when it's equipped with talons) and Nobs, which - by virtue of the Furioso's lower strength - won't be insta-killed and can benefit from multiple klaws and an invulnerable save. Your mileage might vary on the Nobs, because they're expensive and you're still likely to lose a few.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Turboboosting deffkoptas.

Ghazgul.

Deffrollas.

Cyborg bodyied Nobs with a couple of Klaws.

He can only take 3 of them and it runs him almost 400pts. Then he probably took 3 DC dreads with talons as well. The are only AV12 with rage and fleet. The Klaws imbedded in units can take the DC dreads. The furiosos are tougher but can be taken. All in all he is pushing 800pts for those dreads and probably putting them in pods, so pushing 1k in pts. for non scoring units. You should be able to take the scoring units.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Correct me if Im wrong but arent these dreads only S6? If so, take 5 Deff Dreads with 4 DCCW each.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by gen.nehring View Post
    Correct me if Im wrong but arent these dreads only S6? If so, take 5 Deff Dreads with 4 DCCW each.
    Yep, they destroy infantry, but nothing else. Blood talons are not DCCWs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast