Model Mayhem! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Model Mayhem!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Model Mayhem!

So I recently ordered two broadsides, and three piranha...

The bits on the sprue do not fit together properly.
    The part on the broadside where the jet pack fits to the back of the body is bowed beyond repair. Most of the piranha parts are different sizes and don't quite fit together either.

I was talking to one of my friends who plays SM, and he says in his 15,000 points of model building, never has he run into such an issue. Other people I people I play against also say that their sprues come fine. But, all the Tau players I talk to say that sometimes the models aren't right...

What do you guys think. are the Tau models lower quality than others?

My platform is RL, you'd be surprised at the quality of the graphics!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

I've gotten a suit where the backpack is off. I've also got a suit that was missing an arm. With a proper complaint letter GamesWorkshop sent me a free crisis suit to make up for the mis-hap. true stories. take what you want away from that
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

yeah, its happened. just calmly complain to gamesworkshop and you'll get a free one.
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Blasterdude3 View Post
    yeah, its happened. just calmly complain to gamesworkshop and you'll get a free one.
    I had an XV8 with the drones missing, bought from an independent and I contacted GW, they asked me to fax them the reciept and they replaced the Drones and sent me another XV8 on top. I also had a Tau codex that fell apart after a week, they sent me a new one and an 10 voucher to spend at a GW store. This was a few years ago but I have friends who have complained and received excellent service. GW have their bad points but they are very good (or were) when it comes down to handling problems with their products, so contact them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

yeah, its happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikimaru View Post
    GW
    are very good
    when it comes down to handling problems with their products
    contact them
    and you'll get a free one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emp. View Post
    take what you want away from that

Last edited by Emp.; July 5th, 2010 at 23:28.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x4)

GW's support is still excellent - I just got a free rhino out of a vindicator kit that was missing one of the bits for the demolisher cannon.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

I've had the bowed-out problem on the majority of my XV8 and XV88 models, and it was really really annoying to deal with. I ended up using two pairs of vice grips to hold the backpack to the body while the super glue set. And it really has to set, thoroughly, for this to work. No several seconds to a couple of minutes here. Give it a full day.

I put glue all around the seam. Viced one side of the backpack. Then viced the other side of the backpack. Then applied a bit more super glue to the seam itself and let it sit there for a full day.

That did the trick.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

65 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    I've had the bowed-out problem on the majority of my XV8 and XV88 models, and it was really really annoying to deal with. I ended up using two pairs of vice grips to hold the backpack to the body while the super glue set. And it really has to set, thoroughly, for this to work. No several seconds to a couple of minutes here. Give it a full day.

I put glue all around the seam. Viced one side of the backpack. Then viced the other side of the backpack. Then applied a bit more super glue to the seam itself and let it sit there for a full day.

That did the trick.
    "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

I have also had similar experiences. GW is great about replacing (sending you a brand new kit) for defective stuff without even asking for much in the way of proof. Used the defective stuff for battlefield marker or conversions.
    - Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post

That did the trick.
    I hate that so much. Why can't they just fit together?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast