40k 40 Mins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: 40k 40 Mins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hows this for 40k 40 mins

Tyranids
    Name Pts/Models
    Warriors 88/3 Scything Talons (2 Pts Each) 2 Death Spitters(10 Pts Each) Unknown Weapon
    Warriors 108/3 Scything Talons (2 Pts Each) 2 Death Spitters(10 Pts Each) V Cannon (20 Pts)
    Hormagaunts 190/19

Total 386

(i not modeled lower wep set yet on 1 warrior)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Haemogod@Sep 18 2004, 13:37
    Hows this for 40k 40 mins

Tyranids
    Name Pts/Models
    Warriors 88/3 Scything Talons 2 Death Spitters Unknown Weapon
    Warriors 108/3 Scything Talons 2 Death Spitters V Cannon (20 Pts)
    Hormagaunts 190/19
    [snapback]214886[/snapback]
    1st off delete the weapon costs as per my quote as this is a copyright violation.

I would ditch the ranged weapons on the warriors for ScyTal/RC combo and leaping, you want extended carapace too. At the moment you really don`t have anything to beat through armour saves and that will be a big problem against the likes of marines, on 1 in 3 wounds will actually kill a standard trooper and the VC will only negate saves on scouts.

Also Hive Node on the gaunts is always good. Although keeping them in synape shouldn`t be a problem with only 3 broods in you army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

I wouldn't spend that much on Warriors... They're still rather fragile, and cost a lot for this small a game.

What I might do is take a brood of Warriors (shooty or CC), and 2 broods of Gaunts with the rest.

Leaping CC Warriors will be ok, thanks to the Fleet movement they get from 4thEd rules.

On the other hand, shooty Warriors could also be worth their points, since they're strong enough to deal with most of the vehicles an opponent could take into a 40K/40min match... Without needing to run and catch them first.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Closed Thread