Nightbringer Or Deciever? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly it may just be because I'm odd, but I'd go for the Nightbringer. Because well it was jsut the first time I used him, I deep striked him in to the middle of a squad of warriors, and then the next turn had my Lor dhigh tail it out of there and left the Nightbringer. Noone could do anything to him, and he slaughtered everyone. If there wern't many people around me, I'd use his normal attack, but if a bunch of them rushed me I used Gaze of Death. bBut I mean both of them are great, and then they both have C'Tan abilities that work well.(Immune to Natural Law, Necrodermis, Drain LIfe ect..)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

now, i don't remember exactly but something tells me that the nightbringer cannot deep strike. are you sure that he can? i think he must be placed on the field like normal troops. and with his 6'' movement he's very slow and very vulnerable to both snipers (&#33 and heavy support units.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure he can deep strike himself(he is a lord and I think the veil of darkness says it can be given to any lord, but I'm not sure), but anyway this battle he didn't deep strike himself. I had my necorn lord deep strike him. I'm pretty sure it's alright for him to be deep strike,d but I'll check when I get my Necorn Codex back. But ya, I know what you mean by being vulnerable to snipers and stuff. I don't think this perosn had any snipers that game, cause normally if there are snipers I leave the NIghtbringer in cover until they've all been destroyed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'tan aren't lords and can't be given wargear OR deep striked (struck?) because of the "above all others" rule.
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man are you serious?That sucks.lol, the C'Tan are cocky suckers aren't they??lol, aboe all others why couldn't they jsut settle for being Lords.lol. SO wait now I just wnt to clearify this. He can't be given VoD(since it's wargear), so he obviously can't deep stirke himself or others, but can he be deep striked by the lord? Noone mentioned anything that battle, but figured I'd clearify it anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only can the C'Tan NOT use wargear, C'Tan are not Necrons, and the VoD clearly states that only Necron units may be Teleported at all.

Page 14 - Only Necron Lords may select items from the Wargear list.

Also, the Necron Lord has a listing in his stats that state that he may take up to 100 points worth of Wargear. The C'Tan have no such listing.

As for the Necron Lord using it on a C'Tan, well;

Page 15 - The Necron Lord and up to one unit of Necrons (specifically Immortals, Flayed Ones, Warriors, Destroyers, Heavy Destroyers or Wraiths)

I dont see C'Tan, Nighbringer or even Deceiver listed in that, and its pretty easy to understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya i got it dude, I looked at the Codex todya. Geshh chill homes, I eman you make it sound as if I won a National Competition over that rule.lol.Plus i said I wanted to cleaify it, it was directed as a ?

I needed a response not a lecture.lol

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so wats so gr8 about the deciever? it is a WAY cool model btw then the nightbringer. the nightbringer looks like he anerexic but he supposedly eating ppl all the time
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, I find out he can&#39;t deep strike which sucks, because he&#39;s so slow he is like you said vulnerable. I emna the guy can fly and go threw walls I think he should eb able to move mroe then 6".lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well but look at it this way, you can fly thru walls. You dont have to use the 6" to avoid terrain..... :rolleyes:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast