Haemonculi Destructor Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haemonculi Destructor Question

Ok. I have never used Haemonculi before and was kitting one out in army builder when I noticed Soul Seeker Ammunition. Soul Seeker Ammunition allows you to reroll failed hits. The destructor does not have to roll to hit as it is a template weapon it only rolls to wound.

If you take the Destructor with the Soul Seeker Ammo would you get to reroll failed wounds instead? I know that twin linking a weapon allows you to reroll to hit and twin linking a template weapon allows you to reroll wounds...So it seems like a valid arguement.

Thanks in advance.

OLD Dark Eldar W/L/D = 10/2/6
    NEW Dark Eldar W/L/D = 2/1/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Soulseeker Ammunition only works for the 4 weapons they list in its description - the destructor is not one of the 4.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what I get for just reading the army builder description and not glancing at the codex i guess ; )
    OLD Dark Eldar W/L/D = 10/2/6
    NEW Dark Eldar W/L/D = 2/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

Never mind. We have all misread something in our time spent playing the game.

And this leads us onto why Urien Rakarth is such a good character. His weapons automatically cause wounds, and seeing as how Destructors, being template weapons, automatically hit everything that they are touching, his usefulness is increased tenfold.

But as to your orignal question, ranged weapons like Blasters, Dark Lances, etc. do not gain the benefits when used in conjunction with Soul Seeker Ammo. This is why it is not a viable option to take, as it can only be taken by characters, Sybarites and Succubi who have the weapons ( which are not as strong to justify the price of it ), and the benefits of the wargear are not conferred onto the rest of the squad. Not worth it in my eyes.

Now if we could have an upgrade for our vehicles to be equipped with Eldar Spirit Stones, working along the same lines as Soul Seeker Ammo... Hey, Eldar, are you missing your brother? Well, here he is.

*Dark matter fused with Spirit Stone shot in said Eldar's face*.

Good Hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

+ Reply to Thread