Deit of the Week: The Harpy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    7 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

Deit of the Week: The Harpy

Evening all, heirodule here covering for Hive Fleet Ruina for a bit.

So this week, the Harpy. Its probably the most fragile MC in the game being T5 with a 4+ save however it is also one of the cheapest. Widly regarded as near useless without its twin linked HVC, with it the harpy fills a niche nothing else does, fast and acurate vehicle supression.

So whats your way of using the harpy? Fly him up a flank for accurate side shots on vehicles to stall their attack? Perhaps you prefer to send him straight up the middle, making use of those spore mines and the supersonic screech? Or is he just too fragile to bother?

Another point to consider is the T-fex. It too is a vehicle surpressor, and for the extra 70 or so points the survivablity increaeses 10-fold. Is it worth taking a harpy when a T-fex could do?

From a person perspective i love the harpy. Sending him side armour hunting will almost always produce results, especially if you can get a quick assault away afterwards.

So what are your thoughts on this airial beast?

Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

2. Remove Advertisements

GA :(
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

20 (x1)

I think taking a harpy depends on the rest of the army (as it always should with any unit). If I was using a walking army I would always take a t-fex as I could just hide it behind everything else. If I was using a reserve army I would take the harpy though I would focus on taking out light armor with it as my spore pod zoanthropes take out the heavy armor. Obviously the wings will help it to get around and get it where you need it.

The Village
    18 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

The harpy's great for all the reasons you state. But overlooked is his ability to really shore up and boost an assault. Those wings mean you can keep him at range and then swoop in at the last minute to add an MC into the mix. People can sometimes prepare for your poisoned termagants ... but not often against those poisoned termagants AND a pair of harpies.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread