Jetbike Seer Council or Autarch with jetbikes squad/ shining spears. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jetbike Seer Council or Autarch with jetbikes squad/ shining spears.

So in my army list I sometimes use a jetbike seer council. Its just a farseer and warlocks but not actually on jetbikes. But I've decided that i'm going to convert them. But I was looking at the codex and thought that the autarch on jetbike looked pretty powerful. So i then thought should I buy jetbikes or shining spears and put them with and autrach or just convert them to a seer council.

So if any of you can help by telling me which will be the best to choose it will be appreciated. I usually play IG, chaos marines, space marines, necrons and nids

Last edited by skullhead123; August 2nd, 2010 at 17:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I understand what you said... well there is no difference between the guardians jetbike and the one the shining spears .It's the same model.
    You can use both of them to convert your farseers,warlocks.

If now you are taking about strategy and not convertion....the shining spears are pretty tought.If you choose to add an Autarch in this squad equip him with laser lance and mandiblasters to increase your attacks in CC.
    But it don't thing that comparing an Autarch with a Farseer is really usefull.There is nothing that tells you for sure what is more usefull.
    the choice depends on your army list.

Is that what you mean?

Make it a little clearer if you can.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

for conversions use regular jetbikes. You`ll need some kung converting fu skills but is doable.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry for not making it clear. I already know what to do for converting it. But i was wondering the differences between a jetbike seer council and an autarch with a jetbike squad. So which is better between the two in shooting, combat and in general. The shining spears bit was instead of the jetbike squad with the autarch there would be shining spears. So simply

Jetbike seer council VS jetbike autarch with guardian jetbike squad VS jetbike autarch with shining spears. Which is better and why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd tend to avoid shining spear (with or without an autarch). They're rarely worth it, and cost way too much for a t4 3+ model. Vanilla jetbikes are pretty disastrous in the assault and an autarch isn't going to change that particularly. I've seen a jetbike squad used with a fusion gun autarch, farseer (with spear) and a warlock (with spear) as a tank hunting group, the jetbikes acting as ablative wounds, but I'm not sure that's really a worthwhile way to go either. On the other hand, a full on jetbike seer council will generally be worth it. They're a threat to most things.. MEQ, GEQ, vehicles, MCs.. infact anything without a 2+ save or feel no pain will probably fall to a counci. That makes them a big target priority, but with 4+ invul rerolls they can take the beating that will be coming their way. If you want a hard hitting, resilient mobile unit, seer council is probably your best choice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by eris View Post
    I'd tend to avoid shining spear (with or without an autarch). They're rarely worth it, and cost way too much for a t4 3+ model. Vanilla jetbikes are pretty disastrous in the assault and an autarch isn't going to change that particularly. I've seen a jetbike squad used with a fusion gun autarch, farseer (with spear) and a warlock (with spear) as a tank hunting group, the jetbikes acting as ablative wounds, but I'm not sure that's really a worthwhile way to go either. On the other hand, a full on jetbike seer council will generally be worth it. They're a threat to most things.. MEQ, GEQ, vehicles, MCs.. infact anything without a 2+ save or feel no pain will probably fall to a counci. That makes them a big target priority, but with 4+ invul rerolls they can take the beating that will be coming their way. If you want a hard hitting, resilient mobile unit, seer council is probably your best choice.
    Add to those said by eric that the seer council is still a huge point sink that dictates your tactics. Is a rock throw away unit that needs to threaten in a way the enemy army and actually do enough damage so the`ll be worthy to take. Like all eldar builds is tricky to be used at full effectivness and psyker defense can ruin your day.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

If you take a look at the European Team Challenge Eldar lists they pretty much all have Jetseers with Jetlock council.

632 points gets a farseer and 10 warlocks (fortune, RoWi, RoWa, destructor, embolden, enhance, 3-4 singing spears).

Now, I personally don't recomend going for one that big, but most of the ETC Eldar armies have 1 if not 2 such units at 1750pts.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard View Post
    If you take a look at the European Team Challenge Eldar lists they pretty much all have Jetseers with Jetlock council.

632 points gets a farseer and 10 warlocks (fortune, RoWi, RoWa, destructor, embolden, enhance, 3-4 singing spears).

Now, I personally don't recomend going for one that big, but most of the ETC Eldar armies have 1 if not 2 such units at 1750pts.
    Oh do not let me start....i think there is only 1 list decent of Eldar on all teams.....rest are designed to play for draw or to kill some kind of enemy lists.
    Last edited by niraco; August 5th, 2010 at 06:44.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by niraco View Post
    Oh do not let me start....i think there is only 1 list decent of Eldar on all teams.....rest are designed to pley fr draw or to ly some king of enemy lists.
    I agree, all the lists lack any diversity and most really are not that good.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niraco View Post
    Add to those said by eric that the seer council is still a huge point sink that dictates your tactics. Is a rock throw away unit that needs to threaten in a way the enemy army and actually do enough damage so the`ll be worthy to take. Like all eldar builds is tricky to be used at full effectivness and psyker defense can ruin your day.
    +1, Seer Councils have had their day in my opinion. They're easily countered with either psychic defense or feel no pain, which is becoming more prevelant with the last two codicies.

To get them to work is even more of a points sink now. Not only do you need the Council itself, you probably also need two Farseers or Eldrad for multiple Fortunes and a squad with Power Weapons to bail them out if they get tarpitted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast