Troops Choices - Multiple Choice Poll - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which ones?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyranid Warrior Brood

42 47.73%
  • Genestealer Brood with Broodlord

30 34.09%
  • Genestealer Brood without Broodlord

20 22.73%
  • Termagant Brood

39 44.32%
  • Hormagaunt Brood

41 46.59%
  • Ripper Swarm Brood

4 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shire can't handle me Warlord Vrrmik's Avatar
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Troops Choices - Multiple Choice Poll

Hi all,

I was wondering what everybody liked best in the way of troops choices so pick away with this multiple choice poll.

I was not sure to put in Tervigon, as he can count as Troops or HQ, so I left him out.

I chose Hormagaunt Brood and Termagant brood because you can't have enough of them.

Post away,
    The Warlord

Last edited by Warlord Vrrmik; August 7th, 2010 at 08:47.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Impossible poll. Totally dependent on army list. I just made four army lists and I ended up using all of these choices. Even ripper swarms.

Some Troops will be right for some army lists and wrong for others. This is the nature of Tyranids. You can't always use Warriors, or always use Termagants, or always use Genestealers. You use the Troops that your list needs. They're all "good", they're all useful.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with number6. It's totally up to the list. You need to edit your introductory post.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

The choices on this poll may vary but I think that it depends on what we like and is still a valid poll.

I like the Genestealers with a Broodlord and the Tyranid Warriors. I think they are both hard units which rock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Picked Terma and warriors.
    P.S. you forgot Tervigon

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

"I was not sure to put in Tervigon, as he can count as Troops or HQ, so I left him out"
    Yeah, there are a few bugs with this poll, but I just wanted to see what people liked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Impossible poll. Totally dependent on army list. I just made four army lists and I ended up using all of these choices. Even ripper swarms.
    I don't play 'nids, but my wife does, and as a Chaos player, I can say that all but 1 of my losses come from her, and one of the big things that affects this is actually the ripper swarms. They manage to get in, and then tie up a unit in CC, and with their amount of wounds, I usually end up not killing them fast enough before the terrifying Hive Tyrant comes in and messes up the rest of the squad.

In short, no unit is ever useless, that little swarm (especially in low points games) can really be a life-saver or ender, depending on which side of the table you are on.
    The day will not save them. And we own the night.
    CSM: W:25, D:3, L:9
    DE:W:2, D:0, L:0

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2085 (x8)

Tactica

Ok, now comes the part where the tactics come out.

Tyranid Warriors
    These 30 point brutes are one of the most versatile troops in the Tyranid Army List. Are they worth it? What upgrades are worth their points? And how do you command them: charge in, or stay back and seize a tactical advantage when it arises?

Genestealers
    Genestealers are individual broods bred for combat. Are they worth it? Would you take a Broodlord and spend the points? And how do you deploy them?

Termagants
    These are the cheapest critters in the list. How many do you have: in the unit, and how many units? Would you back them up with a Tervigon? And how do you utilize the weapons?

Hormagaunts
    These are equipped with sharp scythe-like claws designed specifically to tear up the enemy. How many do you have: in the unit, and how many units? What would you back them up with? Would you upgrade them?

Ripper Swarms
    These critters are massively underestimated by many players in the community, but they can be quite useful. How would you use them? How many would you have? Would you back them up with the Parasite of Mortrex? Would you equip them with upgrades? It seems that Spinefists are a good upgrade for them, the more attacks the better, but at 15 points with them, are they too expensive?

Have a think and discuss.

The Warlord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

Even breaking each unit down like that is up for debate. It will always depend on your army focus and the goal of the unit.

Warriors: If I'm holding them back for synapse/cover fire, I give them guns. if I want them to be front-line assault or meatshields for a prime, I kit them out for melee.

Stealers: A stock stealer is pretty solid. Many love the brood lord, many hate it. As always, depends on the goal of the stealer. Personally I use them as shock troops and deployment depends on the battlefield/enemy.

Termagaunts: I use my gaunts as unit softners/point holders. I don't expect much from them other than large volume of fire.

Hormagaunts: My first wave melee critters. Personally I don't upgrade them much. Normally field blocks of 16-32 of em. They exist to stick the enemy in place, kill things and hold the line until the rest of my army catches up.

Rippers: My personal preference is to not take em. I go gaunts/hormagaunts so I can't offer much about rippers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warriors- Usually a fire support/synapse coverage meant for slowly pushing my way closer to the enemy.

Stealers- Second wave assualt creatures meant for finishing the job.

Termagants- don't really use them, never used them in 4th edition. And that kind of mentality has stayed with me.

Hormagaunts- my bread and butter, first assault wave. Meant to tie up fire lanes and early CC.

Rippers- I use them but usually the winged kind. They are handy for an extra first assualt unit and are great for tying up almost any unit with their many wounds. They've even managed to take Abaddon down in fight.
    "Anger is gift" - RATM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast