Two gunz on a Deff Dread - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

8 (x1)

Two gunz on a Deff Dread

As I'm assembling a Deff Dread, a question comes to mind:

Taking two of the same ranged weapon (2 rokkits, 2 big shootas, 2 KMBs) on a Dread is

A: 2 separate weapons, doubling the number of attacks
    B: twin-linking the weapons, giving me the punch of one, but a greater likeliness to hit.

One can see with the KMB's, I'd like the chance to hit twice on a vehicle and make a muss of it rather than just once.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

18 (x1)

They're two separate weapons, not twinlinked. Now that I think of it, it's alot like twin linking, but with a better chance to do more damage.
    I am verbose. Sorry.
    Current Armies:
    Kargh's Wite Butz, Death Skullz Orks: W: 5, L:, 2 D:2; Silver-skull Necrons: 1W 1L,500 pt

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Yeah, they're not twin linked. The rules have always been a bit sketchy on why some units with two of the same gun count as twin linked, and others count as firing two guns. Usually, the disadvantage of twin linked only being able to hit once instead of twice is offset by a lower cost.

On deff dreads I like giving them two skorchas, rather than any of the other options. They're capable of killing a lot of infantry, and draw the opponent's focus away from the rest of my army, which is the main purpose of the deff dread in most cases.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread