Power Armor

1K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Uzi-99 
#1 ·
stupid marines keep getting either basic or power armor save HOW DO I KILL THEM

#6 ·
Originally posted by Hive Fleet Malaxius@Sep 20 2004, 17:40
mmm multiple shot weapons
[snapback]216115[/snapback]​
not realy as you wounding on 6's if you hit, were as your hitting on 4's in cc , SF are the way to go and fire them before charging but you'll be lucky to kill many SM your Hormies are good for that :lol:

#7 ·
Originally posted by Hive Fleet Malaxius@Sep 20 2004, 09:59
stupid marines keep getting either basic or power armor save HOW DO I KILL THEM
[snapback]216074[/snapback]​

1) BE QUICK : fast gaunts, fast warriors, ravener , gargs so the SM can´t shoot us alot 8)

2) BE DEADLY: TMC, rending claws and many CC attacks (a swarm of gaunts is basically for nid armies) ^_^

#9 ·
As has been said:

Engage quickly with Gaunts. When engaged, the unit can't shoot... Also, the CC blocks LOS to any size 2 models and smaller that are behind the combat, ensuring that following units take less damage.

Once in CC, TMCs and RenClw "Rending" results kill SM quickly. Even the simple amount of attacks afforded by Leaping Gaunts should be enough to take SM out... They can't possibly always succeed in their save! :lol:

As for shooting, Tyranids are a bit short on that... Warp Blasts from Tyrants and Zoans can inflict nasty casualties, and although Bio-Acid spore mines are less likely to wound, at least the SM won't get their save. Anything else, and SM get their saves... Though the amount of hits inflicted can once again tip the balance, making other Tyranid ranged bioweapons ok... If there are lots of them. ^_^;

#11 ·
Leaping Warriors with talons and claws! New rules say that Warriors with leaping have FoF! 6"+D6"+12"!!!!!

What I do now is this:
I have 2 squads of 3 Warriors. 2 have talons and claws. the last one has talons and Venom Cannon. They all have leaping. I move, I can shoot if I want or FoF. If an enemy is 18" away I can move, shoot at them then assault.

#12 ·
Originally posted by kerpal_g@Sep 21 2004, 18:22
Leaping Warriors with talons and claws! New rules say that Warriors with leaping have FoF! 6"+D6"+12"!!!!!

What I do now is this:
I have 2 squads of 3 Warriors. 2 have talons and claws. the last one has talons and Venom Cannon. They all have leaping. I move, I can shoot if I want or FoF. If an enemy is 18" away I can move, shoot at them then assault.
[snapback]217001[/snapback]​

You ca´n´t fire weapons and mvoe D6" of the fleet of foot ... so take the three warriors with RC. :wub: However the extra D6" movement isvery good for us cause nowhte warrios can follow the gaunts advance and can assault the enemy sooner (Y)

#13 ·
Originally posted by vmgf1979@Sep 21 2004, 23:38
You ca´n´t fire weapons and mvoe D6" of the fleet of foot ... so take the three warriors with RC. :wub: However the extra D6" movement isvery good for us cause nowhte warrios can follow the gaunts advance and can assault the enemy sooner (Y)
[snapback]217134[/snapback]​
I didn't say I could FoF and shoot. :p

#17 ·
very funny

I said to take out the warrior that has a VC, then buy a second box of warriors.
next equip one of the new warriors with ST and RC so you can have a leaping squad of 3.

for the 2 remaining, convert one to shooting, for the third you can try if you can have a mutant in the brood to make it a weapon beast and equip it with a VC, giving you 2 of these in a single brood

Now was that really that difficult

#21 ·
Originally posted by insomnia@Oct 6 2004, 23:45
wonderin if its n a good idea to put st on gaunts??
--- Well, with Gaunts the ScyTal is the only CC Bioweapon they can have by default, so yes... Gaunts are much better thrown into CC, than with ranged bioweapons...

Unless You want to save points and take some Spinegaunts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.