Gaunt Idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaunt Idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of making this type of gaunt:
    basic
    leaping
    scything talons
    adrenal glands (ws, i)
    11 points

That's the same price for the gaunts with toxin sacs! What do you guys think?

You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it really depends on what you are facing.

If you are facing sm, then i wouldn't bother with ws, but give it I and ST

if facing eldar, ws, I and maybe toxin sacs. what i have, extremely effective, 13pts

and if facing tau and IG, go with ws and toxin sacs, and against necron go with st and ws maybe. But if you are facing anything, i would go with a st4, ws4, I5 gaunt

works very well for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but it all depends on the army you're fighting :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if facing eldar, ws, I and maybe toxin sacs. what i have, extremely effective, 13pts
    The problem with this is that it costs a lot of points. That's why I don't use toxin sacs unless against marines.
    You call those cheap implants boobs?
    They aren't boobs, they're lies!

http://download.theforce.net/theater...orkman_480.mov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I field toxin sacs and adrenaline gland and the AG is mutated to deal with my specific target. Example: against space marines I drop the ws and take up I because I want to go first and against say... Imperial guard I drop the I and go for WS cause hitting on a 3+ and going first auto is nice and I already have the points and AG on my gaunt so I do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good combo... effective against most armies... but like others have said... you might wanna drop one of the AG and add in TS in some cases... necrons for example.... against marines, take everything.... a 13 point Gaunt may be expensive.... but it will kill Marines if used properly..... don't forget a LOAD of Spinegaunts to get into CC first, so the Marines can't shoot at you....... and if you're facing Tau, just take the AG for WS.... who needs the TS and AG(I) against WS 2, I 2 infantry?! ANywhoo, that's the joy of Gaunts for ya.... the most variable unit in the world of 40k... able to face any threat.... and ususally come out the victor.... don't forget leaping Warriors.... they'll help you stay fearless, and they can now use fleet to keep up with the gaunts as well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Vampiric_Drake8@Sep 21 2004, 05:10
    Sounds like a good combo... effective against most armies... but like others have said... you might wanna drop one of the AG and add in TS in some cases... necrons for example.... against marines, take everything.... a 13 point Gaunt may be expensive.... but it will kill Marines if used properly..... don't forget a LOAD of Spinegaunts to get into CC first, so the Marines can't shoot at you....... and if you're facing Tau, just take the AG for WS.... who needs the TS and AG(I) against WS 2, I 2 infantry?! ANywhoo, that's the joy of Gaunts for ya.... the most variable unit in the world of 40k... able to face any threat.... and ususally come out the victor.... don't forget leaping Warriors.... they'll help you stay fearless, and they can now use fleet to keep up with the gaunts as well...
    [snapback]216482[/snapback]
    sorry but how can a warrior fleet of claw ? this is a gaunts trick only other wise your winged HT could use the fleet of wing rule coundn't he. Sorry but only gaunts get a fleet move :huh:
    If it lives it will be consumed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope... in 4th edition leaping Warriors count as beasts, so they can FOC and Assault the normal 12".... i think you need the new 4th edition rule book... That'll make Leaping Warriors a more common sight amongst the 4th edition swarms...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

yep leaping warrior with ST and RC, they are becoming a whole lot better know, able to get into cc at the same time as our gaunts

they are becoming more worth the points they cost, and they cannot be licked out behind cc as they are type 2 models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i nearly always use leaping warriors, and combined with my awesome 13pt gaunts they wipe out nearly any squad!

i only have 3 at the moment, but I am going to get some more soon hopefully...

If you want a gaunt to deal with anyhting, like in a tournament, i would use the 13 pt ones

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast