Shadwsun in a 1000 point list.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadwsun in a 1000 point list....

Hi everyone, in the tournament I'm going to play the next week, we're allowed to use special characters like Shadowsun, even if they're not list-legal. The tournament is a 2 vs 2, 1000 points each army, and my partner is using a Space Marines one. Is it worth to play Shadowsun in such a list? And how? Thanks for the answers. And sorry for the english.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Avoid the Tau special characters like the plague. Doesn't matter what the game style is, they're all useless and nowhere near as necessary or valuable as basic heavy gunfire. Take an 'el, plasma rifle and missile pod. Multi-tracker to save points as the 3rd hardpoint, or splurge for a Targeting Array for that 3rd hardpoint and then get a hard-wired targeting array.

Always. Every time. Every game. No exceptions.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't touch the special characters if I we're you.
    like above, but I usually go with a PR, TLMP, HWMT on my shas'el HQ for 93pts.
    as more often then not I dont roll very bad, plus I tend to fight orks more so the TLMP helps keep distance a bit better and offers more hits sooner.
    http://www.videogamevoters.org/
    Support you right to play video games, its for the greater good...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

You asked this on /tg/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

The 'el is your friend! Whats more, he is YOUR friend! Shadowsun is a hooker who will work for anyone who will pay the points. Your shas'el is your alone! Reward him by staying true and giving him what he wants for christmas, a plasma rifle, missile pod, targeting array, hardwired multi-tracker and those shiny new stimulant injectors he's heard so much about. He will be better at shooting, surviving and joining units than Shadowsun. He will be JUMPING in front of bolter shots with that feel no pain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

At 1000 pts Special Characters are a no go. The only special character worth anything is Farsight for added plasma rifles, but at your point limits he is far to expensive. Like everyone says, save points without loosing effectiveness. Get a Shas'el.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Special Characters are too expensive for small point games and should be avoided purely because they eat up your points allowance, not because they're particularly useless. If you learn how to use your Special Characters properly then you find out their strong points as well as their weak ones. Then you start to utilise them to best advantage.

Anyway, to answer your query: the Shas'el Fireknife+ (as described above by number6) is probably the most commonly seen Tau HQ configuration, and is pretty much the best and most cost-effective HQ to take in a 1K list.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

I like to take shadowsun in higher point games as an independent tank hunter...even though she's points-inefficient. For general use, a fireknife 'el is the best way to go (and the only fireknife I'll take...my XV-8s are all either helios or deathrain)
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

+ Reply to Thread