Playing old adversary (space wolves) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playing old adversary (space wolves)

Hi all

Playing a space wolf player soon who is absolutley bent on beating my new nid army.
    He has told me his list for some daft reason and im led to believe its heavy bolter long fang spam along with grey hunters with flamers and dreadnoughts with two heavy flamers each.

Want to give him a good kicking, any idea for a new nid player about how to stop a flood of firepower like this? I was thinking of fexes in mycetic spores and lots of genestealers to tie up those long fangs in close combat....

Zoanthropes to probbaly counter the dreads and vehicles....

Any ideas? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

What models do you have? What models would you like to use? I would recommend some hive guards for anti-tank. Better range and much more reliable against the majority of transports out there than zoanthropes. Otherwise, to have a decent all-comer's....an army that will work against not just space wolves but almost any army in general....you'll want a mix of infantry and monstrous creatures. I don't really care what your opponent is bringing. The all-comer's list should be able to handle most lists. Just care about what you have and which units/models you like.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Griffin View Post
    Hi all

Playing a space wolf player soon who is absolutley bent on beating my new nid army.
    He has told me his list for some daft reason and im led to believe its heavy bolter long fang spam along with grey hunters with flamers and dreadnoughts with two heavy flamers each.

Want to give him a good kicking, any idea for a new nid player about how to stop a flood of firepower like this? I was thinking of fexes in mycetic spores and lots of genestealers to tie up those long fangs in close combat....

Zoanthropes to probbaly counter the dreads and vehicles....

Any ideas? Thanks
    Hive guard in cover. Tyrannofexes. Harpies with TL-Heavy Venom Cannons. Outflanking genestealers into his long fangs He's being an idiot and tailoring his list. I have little to no respect for that.

It looks like he's gearing for hordes. So hit him with heavy shooting at range.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman506 View Post
    Hive guard in cover. Tyrannofexes. Harpies with TL-Heavy Venom Cannons. Outflanking genestealers into his long fangs He's being an idiot and tailoring his list. I have little to no respect for that.

It looks like he's gearing for hordes. So hit him with heavy shooting at range.
    That or just bring Zilla. Trygons with FNP care little for heavy bolters, then use fast elements such as outflanking stealers/hormagaunts to tie up the loose bits n bobs. Warriors could also be a promising idea, provided you shove some guants infront for cover. Hive guard deal with dreds (same applies here with guants) and using paroxism on Long fangs is just funny if youve got a tyrant around.

Just deny him any good targets, he expects hordes, so take as many beastys as you can. 2 Tervigons, 2 Trygons and a tyrant would be my guesses. (drop the tervigons if points are tight) Or as hockeyman says, stay outa range. My only problem with this is that nid long range shooting isnt that great against MEQs, but if you can get it to work, more win for you.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    What models do you have? What models would you like to use? I would recommend some hive guards for anti-tank. Better range and much more reliable against the majority of transports out there than zoanthropes. Otherwise, to have a decent all-comer's....an army that will work against not just space wolves but almost any army in general....you'll want a mix of infantry and monstrous creatures. I don't really care what your opponent is bringing. The all-comer's list should be able to handle most lists. Just care about what you have and which units/models you like.
    I have gaunts and hormagaunts. six warriors (three with wings and 20 gargoyles), two zonathropes and a tyrant and am looking at twin fexes whith a possible trygon/mawloc mix.

I like the dakka fex build but for an extra ten points wouldnt it be best to stick him with a heavy venom cannon as the strength will pulverise marines?

Twin devourers even witht the beetles seems a bit too weedy for marine killing to me...

Any thoughts on the above?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Actually twin devs will outperform a HVC at MEQ killing any day of the week. Both wound on a 2+, the marines still get their saves, the difference being HVC's might hit 3 at best, the devourers will average 9.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

I second the dakka-fex over a HVC. With nids, volume of fire will win out the day over a few high strength shots. As Heirodule so well put it, 9 hits is better than 3 any day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also agree. TL Brainleach devourers are supoib. 6 shots with rerolled misses per set. Sure, they don't penetrate MEQ armour but then nothing in the Nid arsenal does(I think).
    Oroto ego sum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

wrong

very few can actually shoot to penetrate, anything a zoanthrope can lob, some fex bioplasma...

take your pick

this is of course ignore things like rending hits and the mawloc chomp. so in this case volume of fire wins out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well im going to go with trygons, fexes and warriors

complimented with outflanking genes and hormagaunts.....If i have the points i may consider warrior shrikes and 20 gargoyles....

I know fexes are high in points and are dropped in favour of trygons but i really like em sorry lol

+ Reply to Thread