Which Special Characters and a little Incubi model question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Special Character

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drahzar

1 25.00%
  • Lelith

0 0%
  • Urien

3 75.00%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Special Characters and a little Incubi model question

Hey again all, I've got 2 small questions o wise Archon, to which I hope you could help me

first, I love to include one (no less no more) special characters in my armies, and like to take that one in my list, since we almost never play +1,75k Asdrubael Vect is out of question (and I already have the nicest parts of the model included in my Wych squad :p), and kruellagh, hmm kinda nioce but all the latex is a little bit to much :p

So that leaves Lelith, Urien and Drazhar

of these I like Lelith's model most, but I'm slightly afraid not to use her (Lelith's army SR)
    Urien seems a nice character gameswise, and gives me the chance of using my zombiecadians in a competetive role, but his model seems the least of the 3 ('Somehow I dislike keeping to think 'To be or not to be wether this...' when I see my model)
    Drazhar seems to hold the perfect balance between gaming and model, and also got a bonus for fluff (for as far as existing, that is), however I keep hearing he is too Strong to be viable for protecting someone with cardboard armor

Who would you guys advice to take?

Small question aside, I used to think (untill yesterday) that the Incubi was a male order as counter to the female Whyches, I was proven wrong in the Oberonn in Hasselt (Belgium), I found there a blister Incubi with a female Incubus, this seems very strange to me as the terms Succubus comes from a female demon that raped man and the name Incubus from the male demon that rapes woman to get demonic progeny (using corrupted genes tapped from man by Succubi), does any of you know wether there are female Incubi fluffwise
    (Side note, the particular model in my possesion (I wouldn't let her lie there, who knows which Slaanesh abider would steel her soul away) is not on the GWwebsite, neither in the picture to the retinue, nor in the blister set, which is keeping me wondering about wether it is out of production?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On special characters: best one is drahzar.

Decapitator can be converted eventually, I got one in my blog, he's ok, he reminds of my my lictor, he pretty much acts like a lictor, he could use a ncie boost though.

Lelith needs a Wych Cult, she can't be used in a Kabal. In a Wych Cult a well upgraded Wych archite is still better.

Urien....too expensive, he's nice and but having 2 destructors is just better any time.
    His prima grots are still grots, not so effective cc machines. They're ok, but they're certainly not exceptional.

Kruellagh, even if you forget her look (btw she doesn't have to be dressed I painted mine like she is naked)
    her stats are bad and she performs badly.

Vect ...yeah he has his cool armor and everything, but he's not super excellent.

Drahzar is an excellent way to boost your incubi retinue.
    A normal incubi retinue has 5 incubi, drop two, put drahzar and take an incubi master with combat drugs, this is more effective retinue, though I only advise it in bigger games (1750 and more)
    Amazingly drahzar acts like an archon, he kills as much as him, more in some cases...
    A retinue with drahzar is very expensive, it's because of this reason that it's best to only use him in bigger games.

The most common reason for having a special character is purely for the fun of it, drahzar is very effective though.

I wouldn't use any special characters in small games, there's just no main reason to, and btw the word special character is jsut another reminder on how much we need an update (november baby!) , there's no such thing in current codices.
    Normal well upgraded lord, heamonculus are all fine already.

Incubi it's just a name, don't trouble yourself, there's no fluff that says incubi have to be male or female.
    The model you're talking about is not OOP, just hard to get in some stores I guess. From what I know, stores keep very small stocks of Dark Eldar. 4 of my 20 incubi are females.

Too bad you're far from here, if you were near Brussels we could have done a few battles here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drazhar had a nice bonus as it was, so this settles it, thx Kharandhil

btw, my main location is Antwerp, just that the girl is from leopoldsburg means that sometimes I just come close to the Oberonn, so why not take advantage of the opportunity ^^
    however, my DEarmy is still starting, and I just want one of the SC before they get replaced ^^

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Drazhar is still not as effective as 3 Incubi (which he costs more than), however his rules are fun to use and he has a great model. He also makes more room in the retinue for meatshield warriors.

So if you really want a special character, he's the best one right now for small-medium games. However, none of them aside from Vect offers anything a normal army cannot do better for cheaper.

Looking in the near future (new codex in November), all of these characters are likely to be improved in some way or another. I could see Drazhar giving some bonus to the Incubi in his unit, like preferred enemy, counter-attack, or furious charge. The only one that might not be improved is Kruellagh, who is rumored to not be returning (although I hope she does). Wyches are rumored to be moving to the troops slot, so now might be a good time to pick up the Lelith model as well. She will surely be of more use in the update. There are also no units that require a certain army size to field in the 5E codices, so Vect will be available in more games.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

+ Reply to Thread