What do you get when tyranids eat tau? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

What do you get when tyranids eat tau?

I seem to remember from reading a tyranid codex that if they eat a lot of eldar then the biomass and DNA would produce zoanthropes and such. If they ate orks they would produce biovores (not sure though) and so on. So what would tyranids produce if they ate tau? Or would it give the tyranids produced some sort of trait?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know it doesn't matter what they 'eat'. All resources gathered are accumulated by capillary towers and then used in the way which the hive mind wishes to do so.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

It is theory that the Tyranids have developed Zoanthropes and Biovores from Orks and Eldar however it isn't proven. It is likely that these creatures already existed in some form and the DNA from the Eldar and Orks was used to further modify them. An example is the Spore mine. The Spore mine is based upon a much larger space-going mine that they Tyranids use to defend the Hive fleet. These mines were the first (known, Genestealers were not identified as Tyranids then) Tyranid organisims encountered at Tyran, the planet where the Imperium made forst contact with the Tyranids. These spores were not made from Ork DNA as they were in common use and the Tyranids would of encountered few if any Orks yet.

The actual biomass doesn't entirely determine what Tyranids will be produced. Things like Carnifexes and Bio-titans require a great deal of heavy elements due to their armour and the claws, teeth etc must be much stronger than normal so they can apply their full strength. The DNA of lots of Eldar won't cause loads of Zoanthropes to appear. The Tyranids already have the genetic template for the Zoanthropes so they will only be produced if needed. The Eldar will just be bio-mass. Often the DNA of sentient life will be of little use to Tyranids. Sentient races are an inferior form of life, weak and soft. Much of what the Tyranids want will also be to do with the working of internal organs, cells etc. Sentient races are attacked because they can provide raw material and they protect much larger quantites of food on their worlds.

Tau have no remarkable charictaristics. Tau are fairly standard for a sentient race, slow, two legged creatures without any kind of endurance or exceptional senses or abilities. The brains of these sentient races are only exceptional when raised in a culture or society of some sort. Tyranids have no culture. To use beings with individual thoughts of culture is the opposite of what Tyranids desire. Tthe Swarm seeks to use useful DNA of prey but not to copy and become as the prey, because then the Swarm would be prey itself.

However there is an example of a Genestealer-Tau Hybrid below in the link to Buglands. However it is shown that the nature of Tau makes for and inferior Tyranid. It is in Brood Crocodillia buglands

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Dead tau and maybe indigestion from the suits?
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

If the tau have any useful gene in their genome, it will be absorbed and maybe put to use. (As stated above, one the genetic structure of a race is absorbed the nids are free to do with it as they will, they don't need to keep consuming the source biological.)

Maybe a gene for increased hand/eye coordination for shooting. Or the genome went into producing the spike rifle ammo.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Says trygon to the Hive McMind:

"Give my 10 kroot dogs, some firewarrior fries and an ethereal shake. Nah, don't want a broadside burger. It gives me gas....and your crIsis cream tastes awful."
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by TamCoan View Post
    Maybe a gene for increased hand/eye coordination for shooting. Or the genome went into producing the spike rifle ammo.
    Wouldn't that be symbiote/eye coordination. Though Tau just can't fight at close range which is why they shoot alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

Yeah. I do like the idea of the spike rifle ammo being little Tau screaming through the air.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Hive Guard, They're new bugs and they are shooty. bam bam. What do you think?
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

Pheromone based control over the swarm as a back up for when synapse is disrupted. Supposing of course that the Ethereals are actually controlling the Tau through Pheromones.

Of course this may be ignored or dropped quickly if it might make the Swarm more vulnerable to Pheromone based weapons.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast