The new stuff! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The new stuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new stuff!

Hey everyone, I'm starting tyranids...Yay! anyways, i heard about the new HQ special characters and was wondering their potentials. i am coming into tyranids trying to find some way to make a psychic power based army. doom of malan tai and zoanthropes etc. is this option possible, let alone reasonable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

The Doom really got nerfed with the FAQ and isn't all that great honestly. Zoanthropes can work, but they are overshadowed in efficiency due to hive guard. If you want to go zoan heavy, your going to have to pick up slack elsewhere in the list.

Sounds like you may end up having an all-reserves army (Tyrant with Hive Commander as HQ) if you want to go that route.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman506 View Post
    The Doom really got nerfed with the FAQ and isn't all that great honestly. Zoanthropes can work, but they are overshadowed in efficiency due to hive guard. If you want to go zoan heavy, your going to have to pick up slack elsewhere in the list.

Sounds like you may end up having an all-reserves army (Tyrant with Hive Commander as HQ) if you want to go that route.
    Don't be so hard on the kid. It got nerfed and its powers make little sense but it is not a dark eldar scourge, it is not a tau ethereal, it is not Lelix Hexperath. The tyranids have a reasonably well balanced army and what not. If you don't mind being not very competitive then go for it however but sometimes fluff is more fun than decimating someone.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

jboweruk

erm, not anymore, read my post in rules help

+ Reply to Thread