Librarium Online Forums banner

Complementary Wave Serpent Weapons?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Khaiden 
#1 ·
If this has been posted someplace else, please link it for me, I had a look but came up empty.

What do you guys generally consider the better option for Wave Serpent weapon layout? For instance is it more sensable to have a Shuriken Catapult Heavy WS when Dire Avengers are riding it or would it make more sense for it to be armed with TL Brightlances to ward off bigger threats that like to make DA's go squish?

It's kind of a mute point, being able to just take weapons off the WS, but ingame it's not so easy to swap them about. What do you guys think?

#2 ·
depends on the roll of the unit inside it for me. If it's fire dragons who are moving up and likely to take alot of fire (meaning the tank has a good chance of going donw) i will spend the minimum on it's guns. t/l shuriken cannon and that's it. They're moving up so will be in range, at that point it's 3 s6 shots, almost on a par with the scatter laser.

If it's on a deep sitting troop choice (e.g. 5 DAs) then I'll put a scatter laser or eml on it. first for the range, 2nd as both can threaten enemy rhinos and etc which are moving forward. At no point would i ever take a brightlance.

#3 ·
If your going mech and tournament lists twin linked Cannons. cheapest one and besides if your zooming around for your 4 plus cover and getting troops to the action you wont be firing anyway.

#4 ·
I like EML::: and I always pair EML with a Shuiken Cannon on the nose..heres why...

EML is Strong enough to take on everything, even a land raider in a pinch.
EML is AP3 and can take down marines.
EML fired in plasma mode can be fired as well as the chin shuriken cannon as it is only str 4 (a defensive weapon), Even while moving 12 inches which lets you target infantry at will.
EML fired in the plasme mode is pinning.!

Functional, practical, and Overall the best weapon for eldar. Its kinda of like the fireknife loadout for tau. (missles and plasma)

#6 ·
A lot of people have said no (in most circumstances) to Brightlances. What do you guys suggest for AT fire? Lots of Fire Dragons?

I have spent the last couple days watching people play 40k under the premise of "Tournament Practice" and I have seen more Land Raider varients in these last two days than the whole of my gaming life. If Tanks are the way to go, then surely I need some kind of mass AT retort for them?

#9 ·
Depends, you're unlikely to out gun-line a true gunline, but for land raiders dragons are the way to go. i tend to run three squads in lists 1750 or above and throw them straight at whatever the big targets are.. drop podding dread, land raiders etc for everything else we have s6 shooting. I'm happy neutralising av12 with shakes and glancing to death if the opportunity is there, while for razors and rhinos s6 will do the job of killing them outright. With preds and vindis, make use of our mobility.. once you're in a side arc, it's just like a rhino.

#7 ·
Fire dragons and a singer council with spears. I take 5 locks with spears and they will tear through almost anything.

#13 ·
Of the Elites, I've had an okay amount of success with Banshees. Was against CSM and they went from one squad to another, not dying much from anything. I think this might have been more an error on my opponents part than tactical genius on mine. That same game though, my squad of Fire Dragons (x6 with WS) took out a land Raider then some Terminators. I've been really bad for thinking that since Fire Dragons only have 12 inch firing range and one shot each that they aren't worth the slot, but I have been appreciating them more and more. i just don't want to have to paint all that orange hah.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.