Theory/Question about target lock - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Theory/Question about target lock

So, lets say I have a unit of three crisis suits. The team leader has target lock.

So the other two suits shoot at a rhino (or any other transport, really. I'm just saying Rhino because it's easy to spell), the rhino is destroyed and the passengers disembark. Can the team leader then shoot at the disembarked passengers? And if the Rhino is not destroyed, can the leader then shoot at the Rhino as well?

Assuming that the answer to the above two statements is yes, would builds like this then become competitive builds?

Team Leader with Twinlinked Flamer and hard wired Target Lock, maybe a Missile Launcher just for kicks. Add in a hard wired multi tracker with the missile launcher for infantry killing awesomeness.
    2 Suits with Twinlinked Missile Launcher/Plasma Rifle and Fusion Blaster/any other combination suitable for popping tanks? Possibly 2 Fireknives since they are awesome?

I feel with all of the mechanized builds there are these days, this strategy could really shine. I'm just curious about everyone else's opinion on the matter. So on your mark get set GO.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by plasmarocks View Post
    So, lets say I have a unit of three crisis suits. The team leader has target lock.

So the other two suits shoot at a rhino (or any other transport, really. I'm just saying Rhino because it's easy to spell), the rhino is destroyed and the passengers disembark. Can the team leader then shoot at the disembarked passengers? And if the Rhino is not destroyed, can the leader then shoot at the Rhino as well?

Assuming that the answer to the above two statements is yes, would builds like this then become competitive builds?

Team Leader with Twinlinked Flamer and hard wired Target Lock, maybe a Missile Launcher just for kicks. Add in a hard wired multi tracker with the missile launcher for infantry killing awesomeness.
    2 Suits with Twinlinked Missile Launcher/Plasma Rifle and Fusion Blaster/any other combination suitable for popping tanks? Possibly 2 Fireknives since they are awesome?

I feel with all of the mechanized builds there are these days, this strategy could really shine. I'm just curious about everyone else's opinion on the matter. So on your mark get set GO.
    I would call shenanigans. The unit should be shooting simultaneously, you are only rolling them seperately to alliviate headaches. I run with a TL in every squad and I announce all targets before I touch my dice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops yes. I just read the codex and it says all targets must be declared before rolling to hit. So dream shot down. Ah well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by plasmarocks View Post
    Oops yes. I just read the codex and it says all targets must be declared before rolling to hit. So dream shot down. Ah well.
    Yes that is exactly how target lock works. You can still assault that unit if you are close enough though as if you shoot a transport and destroy it, it's transported unit can be assaulted by your unit.

Target lock is one of our cooler more unique abilities but it does seem more and more units in other armies are getting it.
    - Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread