Equpping my newest squad of firewarriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Equpping my newest squad of firewarriors

So I just got another battleforce for my Tau army, and i was thinking that I might want to arm all or some of the 12 firewarriors with pulse carbines.
    I already have 2 squads of 12 with pulse rifles. So I was thinking I could run them as 2 squads of 10 rifles, a squad of 8 rifles, and a squad of 8 with carbines. I could mount the squad of 8 with carbines in a devil fish to make them extra mobile while the other 3 squads form my gun line with 12 kroot in the trees somewhere.
    Or should I just go with 3 squads of 12 and use the 3rd squad in a fish of fury arm them with pulse grenades to unload in front of some marines and double tap praying to live through the 2 marines that assault the next turn?
    What do you guys think?
    P.S. I also run 2 railheads, 2 XV88s, 4-5 XV8s, a pirannha, 8 pathfinders in a devilfish, and depending on points I'll throw in a stealth squad of 3-6

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

You should instead double the number of Kroot, crisis suits, and piranhas you're using and forget adding any new fire warriors to your army. You need more guns and not more weak cannon fodder.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

NO NO NO NO and of course NOOOOOOOO! carbines are totally worthless, your losing almost half your range (which tau need to clinch to by the way) and 1 shot at double tap so you might pin them. no no no. FoF is what i run but i have never even considered carbines, totally useless, there are to many fearless or ld 10 or 9 units out there for them to be effective.
    P.S. NOOOOOOOOO shaper, EVER! your spending 28 points for 1 less wound, 3 less shots (or 6 in double tap), and several less attacks in combat. if you give them a 6+ even worse! shaper= waste of points. also i recommend splitting that 8 man unit of pthfinders to 2, 5 man squads. Ever heard the old saying "putting all your eggs in one basket?" well your doing that there.
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

+ Reply to Thread