How do Tau into Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

How do Tau into Tau

How would you justify, fluff wise. A tau army engaging another tau army? I have wondered this as the tau seem quite united, not like the imperium.

“When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

i dont think you could - maybe the only way would be a farsight army being attacked by a sunshadow army

If farsight wins he manages to escape with his army causing minimal loses to both sides and if sunshadow wins she wipes out farsights army by he escapes - with that or play farsight in an enchrenchment with normal tau attacking (have to kill a spaceship before it is fully ready to launch (i.e turn 5 or 6)

Some special rule meaning its not to easy to kill - i.e block line of sight so to kill it you must be within say a foot. meaning broadsides cant sit at the back and kill it but they can take out the stuff between the battlesuits and the ship.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluff wise I don't think you can...

Think about it,
    What would be the point of shadowsun or any of the tau going after farsight if they do everything for the greater good?
    Going after farsight would represent some sort of vendetta issue in a society that focus's on the whole not the individual.
    Plus he's fairly well entrenched in Ork Space and on the outer rim of tau space to "accidentally" run into any of his army.

Personally I wouldn't worry to much about it, this isn't D&D after all so there is no need to "stay in character."

Hell that's why I started this game, no role playing, Just tactics (and a little bit of luck).
    http://www.videogamevoters.org/
    Support you right to play video games, its for the greater good...

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

A training exercise?

As for "going after Farsight" and the ethos being of 'for the greater good' and focussing on the whole, well, Shadowsun kind of showed what that meant when she blew his statue to smithereens. "Don't follow that guy or you'll get some of this". Maybe therefore there could be a bit of mileage in a 'hunt Farsight' type of scenario, but then....is Farsight *really* a renegade, or is he pursuing an agenda sanctioned by the Shas'Ar'Tol of T'au?

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post
    A training exercise?
    QFT. To be honest the thought of the rivalries the Imperium or "Powers of Disorder" have don't really affect the Tau. Herd mentality, really
    Battlecries: Sorbr'and Tau force: For the Greater Good!
    Ordo Corvus Witch Hunters: Only in our flames will the heretic find peace!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the thought of a training exercise, I'm a little disappointed i didn't think of it...

As for going after farsight, I meant that the tau empire wouldn't expend resources to track a renegade that is bent on self destruction rather than attacking the empire for little or no reason...

I honestly don't think farsight has enough a grudge or reason to attack and/or rebel against the greater good...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

Of course the answer is training exercise! Our suits have built in laser-tag sensors! "Dead" tau quickly walk off field, sit down, grab some Krootade from the Water Caste Boy and watch the rest of the fight. ^_^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post
    A training exercise?

As for "going after Farsight" and the ethos being of 'for the greater good' and focussing on the whole, well, Shadowsun kind of showed what that meant when she blew his statue to smithereens. "Don't follow that guy or you'll get some of this". Maybe therefore there could be a bit of mileage in a 'hunt Farsight' type of scenario, but then....is Farsight *really* a renegade, or is he pursuing an agenda sanctioned by the Shas'Ar'Tol of T'au?

E.
    i was gonna say that!

but i like wytenite's version better
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WyteNite View Post
    Of course the answer is training exercise! Our suits have built in laser-tag sensors! "Dead" tau quickly walk off field, sit down, grab some Krootade from the Water Caste Boy and watch the rest of the fight. ^_^
    I just had an image of what tau sports(if any) would be like...

hmmm... baseball, soccer, hell maybe football... in battlesuites.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Clay Pigeon Shooting: first select your gun drone target...

Sorry, we're going off-topic rapidly here!

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast