Tank Shock - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tank Shock

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Tank Shock

Had a bit of a debate with on of my friends the other day.

When a unit is tank shocked and passes its moral test the it allows the tank to pass through.
    Does this mean that the unit remains in place and the tank just moves through them like they weren't there or does it move the required ditance to allow the tank to pass?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

146 (x5)

I believe it depends on where the tank is going to end up. If it's ending up past them, they can stay put. If the tank would end up ON them, they have to move.

Not sure, though. Shows how often I tank shock.

Now RAMMING......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The unit that pass the morale test allows the tank to pass, no models are moved. If the tank stops and unit is underneath the tank in its final position then models must be moved the shortest distance away from the tank leaving a 1 inch gap between the unit and tank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Okay so how about if the tank ends up on top of them but their model cant move backwards and remain 1 inch away from any of my models? Do they get destroyed or do the get to move to the nearest safe location? I only ask because it was this very issue that started the debate.
    The argument was that because he had passed the test his unit was fine BUT my tank stopped right on top of his model and it was surrounded either by impassable terrain or my models. After about 10 minutes of debating the facts the I saw the whole thing turning into a full blown argument so I decided to let it go and continue with our game, no point in spoiling a good game with an argument right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post
    I believe it depends on where the tank is going to end up. If it's ending up past them, they can stay put. If the tank would end up ON them, they have to move.

Not sure, though. Shows how often I tank shock.

Now RAMMING......
    LOL! I love ramming too! I have destoryed a few landraiders in my time with ramming one of my all but crippled Wave Serpents into them! Nothing is harmless! Everything is a weapon in the hands of someone who knows how to use it!
    My friends know that until my wave serpents are weaponless and imobalised they are always a threat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume you're talking about a situation like this..
    http://www.mynameisandy.co.uk/tshock.jpg

The saim hann serpent has tankshocked in to the group of necrons, but moving them the shortest distance out form under the hull isnt possible as that space is already occupied by models. The answer is fairly simple in my view.. that isnt the shortest route as the space is already occupied. The models already in that space cant move enough to accomodate the models which would move there, so that is no longer the shortest route out form under the tank. Instead they necrons would be moved up behind the wave serpent. Yes this may break coherency on the necron unit, but hey.. it happens sometimes, they'll just have to reform when they can as the rules say.

The part about shortest route is that it's too an place they may be placed. If the suggestion was that because the shortest route to a place not under the tank was already occupied then the models should be destroyed (similar to emergency disembarking) then it was being done wrong. The space being occupied just makes it no longer a viable place for the models to move to, just like if there was an impassible wall there. You can't move models the shortest route out form under the tank to somewhere they can't be, so you have to move them the shortest route to somewhere they can be. In the example that's behind the serpent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@eris the unit must maintain unit coherency when moving out of the way, any model that can't make the move must be removed from play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you'll need rules to support that, neg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 second last paragraph, last sentence, page 68 in the big book. The unit must maintain unit coherency and the 1 inch away from other models otherwise its trapped,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, conherency must be maintained. My problem is they can't be trapped as it's not a fall back move. If they fail the test, it is a fall back move and they can be trapped. Passing the test does not result in a fall back, so the trapped rule can't apply.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast