Dark Eldar Models (7 day poll) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you plan to transition to the new models?(7 day poll)

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't plan to change, I plan to use my current models

3 7.89%
  • I'll continue to use the current range and slowly phase in the new range

22 57.89%
  • I plan to eBay my current range and buy all the new models

7 18.42%
  • Other, specify below

6 15.79%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar Models (7 day poll)

POLL CLOSED!!!!!

Thank you all for participating in this poll. A majority of you said you were going to continue with their current range and slowly phase in the new stuff.

Original Message

I was doing my normal searching this morning for all the latest DE information, when I came upon an interesting question. With new models coming out, how do you plan to transition your current range to the new version?

I'm sure a lot of you have done some custom conversions, and some of you have fallen in love with the current range... but the question remains.

Last edited by Seeker84; October 9th, 2010 at 15:59. Reason: Poll time has expired. Please close the thread.
    Help the kin TAKE your soul, I mean, take your soul...
    I play Vassal. I'm in V40K Open Ladder.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Hey

For somone like me, my Dark Eldar models represent a deep sentimental value for me. They were the first army that caught my eye, the first army I played against, and the first army that I myself utilised for own devious plans in the 40K universe. It might sound really corny, but I could never give away my current models. They have stuck with me through thick and thin, and have given me some awesome memories.

However, I know that the time was coming when they had to be replaced, and with new models that are looking as sweet as they are, I cannot force myself to stay away.

So therefore, I will be buying the new range, but my existing minatures will still be with me.

I hope there are others that would do the same, because, by my recollection, it has been 10 years...

Good Hunting.
    Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be keeping my current models. I got them the day they were released, with slow additions throughout the years.
    Ill see how well i can mix the parts of old and new.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Phase into" implies that i'd be replacing them slowly with the newer counterparts, while "don't plan to change" implies not getting the new stuff
    I'm gonna be using both, using the old stuff and the new stuff side by side
    WORSHIP THE VINDICATOR!!! (And a Drop Pod full of Combie-Melta Sternguard never hurts either)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

I intend to hold on to my Raiders/Ravagers for a while, but I definitely plan to phase out the infantry. Warriors and Wyches both definitely going, and I'll likely pick up that bitchin' new Archon/Sauron model. At the same time or maybe a little afterwards I'll look to get some Reavers, depending on if their rules are as awesome as they sound. I'm interested in getting the Incubi, though I'm cool with my current models for a while. The Mandrakes are kind of an unknown quantity; I really love the look of the concept art, but we'll see how their rules pan out. The last thing I plan on changing are the Raiders/Ravagers because I know it's going to be very expensive. The thing is, I'd have been perfectly fine with the old models, if the new ones just didn't look so damn cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

I'm gonna be using both, using the old stuff and the new stuff side by side
    I'm here, I'll be putting new models in where necessary and leaving the oldies behind where I can. After all a 2000 point army doesn't cost what it did 10 years ago. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) for me, I happen to love the new warriors and reavers, and those are what I intend on using as the core of my army.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

I plan on recollecting them threw Tournament entry fees and winnings. I may just flat out buy some of the new units so I can field them in a tournament, but eventually they will all be updated.
    Even after they are replaced I probably won’t get rid of them, I'll just shelve them and dust them off for apocalypse games and what not.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got DE because I loved the raiders and Ravagers. I am two models short of an army, two raiders and if I want to get more troops you can add 10 warriors to the list. I love the old raider but I love the new one, I don't know what to do. I guess that depends on what the new rules say?

I do want 1 new raider and the wyches at least.

I will have to stick with my old incubi though. My opion on the new HQ depends on the new dracon, I actually like the old one.

No matter what may the slave raids begin!
    NEW DARK ELDAR! Hold all armies I have a new purpose in life!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Ill be phasing my army into the new models, once I have a decent force of the new models i may look into selling my old stuff, to help fund more of the newer stuff.

I'll also look into ebay and such for old wytches, they are less "uniform" than other parts of the DE army and look similar to the new wytch models so i'll be able to focus on grabbing mainly old wytches with a few new ones.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sold mine about 18 months ago

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast