Dreams of the Devilnacht Hour - Reaver Jetbikes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    190 (x3)

Dreams of the Devilnacht Hour - Reaver Jetbikes

Hey

Greetings once more fellow vile creatures of the warp, and welcome to another installment of the Devilnacht Hour, where all of your frightful dreams become a reality. Today, we take a look at one of the fastest and most lethal units in the entire 40K universe, the Reaver Jetbikes. They strike from the skies without warning, and like to suffocate their faces with ladies stockings and large black socks with small holes cut into them to see...

So, what strikes your fancy about them? Any particular targets you see fit the strategic play of the Reavers, or do you take on their fluff, and charge them headlong into the fray? And, perhaps the question of interest here, is your opinion on the "new and improved" Reavers? Planning on throwing out their $2 Balaclavas, and fitting them with $3 helmets with holes in the back of them to let their hair out?

For me, I am liking the new Reavers. They feel more leithe and sharp, which is what the originals should have been. As for tactics, I always charge Reavers straight first into the army, but never into the battlelines. They provide an effective distraction unit, while the bulk of my army advances. I would tend to focus more around the greater threats, such as Carnifexes and other Fast Attacks choices, which are trying to flank me in return. Overall opinion: a valuable commodity to any list, and I am looking forward to their new "Bypass" attack that they are about to get.

Let your sadisism reign superme, and share your thoughts. Remember, it's not murder or treachery. It's just sport.

Good Hunting.

Light a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

personaly, i'm in love with the new jetbikes, as with all the new modles. i think GW have pulled this one off VERRY nicely! rulls wise, i think they are going to be awsome on the table. anything that can move 36" and still atttack is going to scare an opponent!
    Dark Eldar: 9/1/2 Winning streak: 6
    Tyranids: 16/3/4 Winning Streak: 8
    inquisition:4/0/3 Winning streak:0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

I LOVE the new jetbikes. The models look awesome, although a reduced armour save is going to make them even more vulnerable than what they used to be. Now I think their primary role will be to pick on isolated enemy units that stray from the main battle line, I think that they will make an excellent anti outflankers unit. Being able to re-deploy with outstanding speed and still do damage on the turn they do so... hopefully with a flurry of blades overheads of the enemy. Hehe. I do hope their point cost is reasonable.

They will also be able to kill the odd tank with their uber-blaster, but that I dont think will be their primary role.

I cant WAIT to get my hands on the book.
    Podcast and Blog
    Youtube Channel
    Twitt-errr... @ Skari2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x3)

I don't even think they'd have to stick to attacking outliers or harassing the flanks. Everything I've heard about this fly-by attack makes it sound like it hits any unit in the Reaver's path, which would be fantastic for clustered groups. Especially with the potential to move 36'', you're flying right over them with the ability to hit them and be out of rapid-fire range on the other side, all while garnering a 3+ cover save. Using them to quickly react with their melta-lance to deep-striking dreadnought or outflanking tanks does sound pretty handy though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

I'm assuming we'll see multiple small units with either the pinning or d6 s4 hits upgrades, continually turbo-boosting back and forth across the enemy army. They'll force tests and saves while providing a target as resilient as Space Marines to absorb fire directed at them. More importantly they'll be really really annoying, with their constant flitting about hurting multiple units a turn, annoying enough that they can draw fire away from the things that should be shot at for a turn or two until the blitz hits.

EDIT: From what I've been hearing Power from Pain buffs the whole army, rather than just a single squad, and the first benefit is FnP. If this is true a good first turn can give you the most annoyingly resilient Reavers ever.
    Last edited by sithjack; October 3rd, 2010 at 21:49.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Ithink that in the new rules i will be taking small squads of reavers and holding them back, probobly in reserve, Then late game approaches get them into contesting range of objectives with their insane speed and small footprint they have an easier time than many of our vehicles at popping up nad contesting an objective.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

+ Reply to Thread