An Aspect list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: An Aspect list?

  1. #1
    Senior Member SheBeast76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    PA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

    An Aspect list?

    Good afternoon,

    With my mother's passing earlier this year, I've been changing alot of things in my life. Mostly making them a bit more "happy", yet I'm still as strange as ever.

    Anywho, I was wondering if you can create an "aspect" list, and would it be actually playable?

    Also looking for any advice on playing the Eldar.

    Thanks in advance.


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    362
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

    it depends on what you mean. Dire avengers are aspect warriors and troops. it is quite possible to fill all you FOC with aspect warriors , or autrachs, and be competitive,

  4. #3
    Senior Member niraco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    1,273
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

    what range of points? what are your prefernces in matter of tactics? do you dispite mech?

    cause mech builds are all about aspect warriors in minimum squad design in transport tanks with adequate support

    PS sorry for your loss. keep a happy life cause is all we got
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

  5. #4
    Senior Member SheBeast76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    PA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

    ...Thank you...

    Yeah, I should've added a bit more. Hehe.

    Starting at 1000pts should be fine, since I don't believe I can build an effective list at 750 (am I wrong?).

    I'm not a fan of everything in a transport, but I just love the Eldar skimmers. I'd like to fit a tank in as well.

    I just may start with a Farseer as a HQ, since all those psychic powers would be a fun step for me.

    The problem I see would be what aspect squads to take...since I love them all! XD

    Thanks in advance.

  6. #5
    LO Zealot Farseer Macleod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Isle of Lewis
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

    Some of the more useful aspect squads are;
    1) Dire Avengers (Since they are the only troop choice Aspect.)
    2) Fire Dragons
    3) Striking Scorpions
    4) Howling Banshees
    I put two CC units in the list as some people prefer one over the other. I love the Striking Scorpions but generally find the Banshees more useful.

  7. #6
    Member Pigdestroyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    5 (x1)

    I love the swooping hawk models, and they are great anti horde or impromptu tank busting.
    They are a great all-round aspect that are above all MOBILE.
    Expensive points wise though i do like pie plating my opponent 6 times every turn (3 prisms 3 5 man SH squads sky leaping)
    I play a semi aspect list, with my elites as one of each SS, HB and FD, several DA squads for troops (along with some rangers), swooping hawks galore and some dark reapers as some much needed anti marine (when i'm not fielding my three prisms). I don't really like having multiples of each unit too much (for instance, 7 serpents like i see on some of the lists here). I like a dynamic and individual force, which you can pull of with the aspect lists. The thing about the list is it isn't as competitive as some (mech WS spam anyone?) but it takes alot of skill to pull of correctly and is quite rewarding to pull of wins but also to paint and model all the different aspects. I based my army around the 6 base aspects and then filled out to compensate for weaknesses. But that is at 2000 pts, i don't think you could use all the aspects at 1000. It would be very tricky to pull off anyway
    Last edited by Pigdestroyah; October 8th, 2010 at 13:24.

  8. #7
    Member Mike Rutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NSW
    Age
    28
    Posts
    162
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    22 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pigdestroyah View Post
    I love the swooping hawk models, and they are great anti horde or impromptu tank busting.
    They are a great all-round aspect that are above all MOBILE.
    Expensive points wise though i do like pie plating my opponent 6 times every turn (3 prisms 3 5 man SH squads sky leaping)
    I play a semi aspect list, with my elites as one of each SS, HB and FD, several DA squads for troops (along with some rangers), swooping hawks galore and some dark reapers as some much needed anti marine (when i'm not fielding my three prisms). I don't really like having multiples of each unit too much (for instance, 7 serpents like i see on some of the lists here). I like a dynamic and individual force, which you can pull of with the aspect lists. The thing about the list is it isn't as competitive as some (mech WS spam anyone?) but it takes alot of skill to pull of correctly and is quite rewarding to pull of wins but also to paint and model all the different aspects. I based my army around the 6 base aspects and then filled out to compensate for weaknesses. But that is at 2000 pts, i don't think you could use all the aspects at 1000. It would be very tricky to pull off anyway
    Ditto all of that.

    Seriously though it's very easy to write an Eldar list with Tank spam, each holding a unit of 5 DA's and cal it an aspect army (My personnal best was 11 tanks in 1500pts) But that doens't nescearily make a fun battle for either player.

    Taking many different aspects, and avoiding a mech list usually leads to a fun battle for me, but I play against a small group of players (4-5 people myself inclusive) not in tournaments, so my views normally don't reflect those of players with a more varied group of opponents.

    Personnally I'd suggest buying some Hawks, as well. I always have fun with them (Especially using skyleap)
    DA's are a must in an aspect list, and the only aspect that I have consitently had no luck with are shining spears, so from personnal expereince I'd suggest avoiding those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendx
    *swallows pride* hey prince mike rutch, did you have a good day? *collapses*
    Quote Originally Posted by wakopanda
    so mike is to blame for all the chat deaths on earth
    Sval Foundation

  9. #8
    Senior Member Gallowglacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Vadrefjrd, Port Lairge
    Age
    38
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Macleod View Post
    3) Striking Scorpions
    4) Howling Banshees
    I put two CC units in the list as some people prefer one over the other. I love the Striking Scorpions but generally find the Banshees more useful.
    Must be a grass is greener thing. I prefer Banshees but think Scorpions might be better.

  10. #9
    LO Zealot Farseer Macleod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Isle of Lewis
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowglacht View Post
    Must be a grass is greener thing. I prefer Banshees but think Scorpions might be better.
    Haha, well it must be based on what armies we fight against most. I do have a few Marine players that I fight against constantly so the banshees killing off their models denying them their saves works better than the +1 to strength that the scorpions provide but the scorpions are awesome against horde armies.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Age
    28
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    I find that Dark Reapers are that absolute bane of any SM player. It's always great seeing 3+ saves being driven into cover to avoid a small squad on a hill
    Other than that I tend to run with a full squad of Howling Banshees with an Executioner for the Exarch. Makes a mess of Marines if they can get close enough.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts