Welcome to Librarium Online!
I'm playing Necrons this weekend for the first time. I'm going up against Eldar and I'm not sure exactly how to tactically use my Monolith. Here are a few questions I have, though any tactics you can suggest would be great:
1) Do I Deep Strike the Monolith and then try and and warp in some Warriors that I hold in reserve?
2) Should I only deep strike if I go first, or only if I go second, or should I not deep strike it at all?
3) Can you use the Power Matrix AND the Gauss Flux Arc Projectors in the same turn?
4) Do you mainly use Power Matrix for shooting or should it be used to try self-repair units that failed their self-repair by porting the entire unit to the Monolith?
Anything else I'm not thinking of?
Depends on the opponent. Against Eldar I wouldn't deep strike. I'd deploy Monolith right from start. You don't have anything to fear from their anti-tank and you want your Monolith to be present there to protect your Warriors.
Deploy the Monolith up front and set most of your Warriors behind it so the Eldar will have to go around 'lith to assault them. Use Power Matrix for shooting at first to bring down Eldar vehicles (especially those carrying close-combat specialists like Banshees). Use Power Matrix for Teleporting only in following cases:
1) To put a Warrior unit near objective on turn 4+
2) To teleport Warriors out of combat
3) To reroll bad WBBs if you are getting near to Phase Out
Oh, and you can use Power Matrix to teleport and use the Monoliths other weapons, but you can't use Power Matrix to shoot and shoot other weapons at the same round.
Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1
Thanks, that helps a lot!
Just remember that Bright Lances don't get to reduce your armour value. The Eldar player might not know this one.
Your query about whether or not to "use Power Matrix for shooting or should it be used to try self-repair units that failed their self-repair by porting the entire unit to the Monolith" - for me that would depend on how seriously a unit got hit with knock-downs and the resulting poor WBB rolling.
"Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"